Reset a world to a save point upon restart

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by lunastarwarp, Jul 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

lunastarwarp

Hey all, I have searched for a plugin that does this for about 3 hours now, and pondered creating one myself, but am fairly new to the whole plugin coding and shall start soon. On my server, we currently have a minigame with a custom map up, and for the minigame to work, we need the server to load a certain savepoint of a world upon restart. There are plugins that do this, but they are out of date.(world reset did not work at all for some reason)

What this plugin needs to do:
    - Have a folder where I can drag a world into that it will load up upon the restart
    Long story short, an updated version of WorldReset and a plugin that isn't bugged like MapReset. This would help many small servers in the long run, and even people who just wanna play a minigame or two with their friends on their own private servers. Thanks!

EDIT: Need a command that will also restart the server and trigger this process

2. Offline

lunastarwarp

Bump. Seen these done before, the ones currently out there just don't work.

3. Offline

lunastarwarp

4. Offline

pie_flavor

@lunastarwarp I could probably make this, if you don't mind a 'simulated' restart. It's difficult to restart a server fully, since when the server stops, so do the plugins. But I can easily reload and kick everyone. Or, even better, toss everyone online onto the newly loaded from backup world.

5. Offline

lunastarwarp

That would be awesome. I could also just have a command block test for the endgame conditions, and Sudo everyone back to the hub while it restarts. Either way works for me! Thanks for replying.

6. Offline

pie_flavor

@lunastarwarp All right, I think I'm done. WorldReset.jar Config's pretty self-explanatory. If a backup is in the folder, the plugin will delete the specified world and reset it upon loading. Otherwise, it will back it up when it loads. The command /reset will kick the players to the specified kick-world, or off the server if that world doesn't exist. A normal /reload will not affect anything at all. Please report any bugs and I will fix them :3

7. Offline

lunastarwarp

Thank you sooooooo much!

So this is what the config I have edited to test it out on looks like. I tried putting the backup folder directly in the root of the server as well, but if I broke a block, and type /reset, it did not kick me or replace the broken block. I am assuming this is just me not having something named correctly or have put something in the incorrect slot. Thanks again for your help,

-luna

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2016
  8. Offline

pie_flavor

@lunastarwarp That's not my config. My config has 4 lines: enable, world, world-folder, and kick-world. Not sure how you got that from the link I gave you. Perhaps it's even the wrong plugin.
    Perhaps you didn't use the one you downloaded, but instead the one that you were testing before.

9. Offline

lunastarwarp

Okay, when I open the confit file up in Notepad, that's what shows up, in notepad++ the 4 lined thing shows up. It's definitely your plugin, although I'm not sure why it shows up differently in the two programs.

10. Offline

pie_flavor

@lunastarwarp Oh! Delete the folder and reload the server. If you were using the other plugin before, that would explain it, as both plugins have the same name.

11. Offline

lunastarwarp

Awesome, will test it out in a few minutes once I'm off of my phone and on a computer! Thanks!

@pie_flavor one more question, do I have the backup folder in the literal root of the server or the backup folder in the WorldReset folder? I think the literal root, but when I type /reset, it kicks me to the right world, and then on a fresh restart, the backup world doesn't seem to be implementing in favor of the "corrupted" world that I want to replace.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2016
  12. Offline

pie_flavor

@lunastarwarp It's all in the config. You can say where the folder is. By default it's a folder whose name escapes me in the server folder.

13. Offline

lunastarwarp

@pie_flavor The kick seems to be working and I can set that up, but it will not load the backup world for some reason. Do you think that it has to do with the fact that the world I want to replace is in multiverse and that the backup for the world is not in multiverse?

14. Offline

pie_flavor

@lunastarwarp I'm not sure. I'm trying to load the backup world, but it doesn't seem to want to work. You're using Multiverse you say? Maybe I can hook into that.

15. Offline

lunastarwarp

One thing I haven't tried is deleting multiverse, and just putting custom files into the regular world folder and then putting the backup in the backup folder. In the end multiverse wins be needed. Thanks for your help!

16. Offline

lunastarwarp

My idea did not work. @pie_flavor . No worries if it takes. But for you to fix the plugin.

17. Offline

lunastarwarp

Bump. This plugin doesn't work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.