Requesting port foward help

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Domo-KUN, Nov 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Domo-KUN

Hello guys i have been trying to port foward for a very long time and i fail to port foward this are the steps i did to port foward.I went to 192.168.1.1 And enter my password.After entering i click on application and gaming>Port range fowarding.

Application Name:bukkit
    Start~End Port:25565 to 25565
    Protocool:TCP
    IP:192.168.1.***

After that,I went to my server properties type in my 192.168.1.*** than i start up my server when to canyouseeme.org to see if my port was opened.I typed in 25565.I waited for 1min and they told me that it has timed out from the connection.So than i gave my friend my external IP and they told me that they are stuck at connecting server.I have a Linksys WRT350N router.I am not sure that if i have a static IP or not.

2. Offline

Rwembee

Leave server-ip in server.properties empty.
    I think you also have to forward UDP too.
    I can only say double check your server computer's IP and the one you put into your router, and re-check your external one.

You don't happen to have some kind of connection provided as part of a condo or apartment complex, do you? (it's possible they have the whole building behind a gateway/NAT to share one IP.)

3. That is an invalid IP. Use the IP 192.168.1.2 for example (it has to be free and outside of the DHCP range).
    Leave the IP in the server.properties empty!

The last step is to give the IP you configured in your router to your PC. You do that in the network configuration of your operating system. As I don't know which OS you are using I can't give you more infos.

Could be, but would be stupid as hackers can do nothing with the internal IP. Also he gave the internal IP and the model of the router where the IP is stored, so a hacker would first hack the router to get the IP... Or simply ping all IPs of the subnet... And/Or sniff the network traffic... :D

//EDIT: Or do a portscan in the subnet for port 25565... And sorry for OT. ;)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2016
  4. Offline

Rwembee

I didn't say it would do him any good :p (I also didn't mean I wanted him to, I was assuming that was the reason he did it.)

5. And that's something you shouldn't to. Whenever you give support assume you give it to the DAU* until he shows you his computer skills. Sounds hard but it's better to give to much help than to less, isn't it? :)

* DAU stands for "Dümmster anzunehmender User" which is german for "dumbest assumable user".

6. Offline

Domo-KUN

I am using windows 7 i have just make my computer running on static IP not sure if it will work.
    So what must i do when i have the static IP do i port foward the static IP in my computer?

7. Offline

Rwembee

You take that IP, and aim the port forwarding on your router at it.

8. Offline

Domo-KUN

Just to tell you guys i got hamachi but i hate hamachi cuz u have very little slots for people to join and it is very messy.So i tried everything i could.I made a static IP and portfowarded the static IP and it still cant work.I gave my external IP to my friends and leave the server.properties IP blank

9. Offline

TnT

Did you open the port on your Windows firewall as well? Go to canyouseeme.org to check if port 25565 is open as well.

10. Offline

Domo-KUN

Yea i checked my port on canyouseeme.org and i they said that connection timed out and i dunno how to open ports on windows 7

11. Offline

pyraetos

First go to Start, then type in the letters adv.
    Click Windows Firewall with Advanced Security.
    Click on the left, Inbound Rules, then on the right click New Rule.
    Select port, hit next, select TCP and Specific Local Ports, then type in 25565, and hit next.
    Click allow connection and hit next and just next again on the following screen. Then name it whatever you want.
    Do the same thing but for UDP (instead of TCP)
    Then do it for outbound rules, you may only have to do it for outbound rules.

12. Offline

Domo-KUN

Alright so i did that.I on my server back up leaving the IP address Blank.I went to canyouseeme.org and this is wat they gave me
    Error: I could not see your service on 218.212.24.149 on port (25565)
    Reason: Connection timed out

13. Offline

pyraetos

Let's check to see if you port forwarded correctly.
    On the computer on which you're interested in running CraftBukkit, go to Start and type cmd, and run that.
    Send the command ipconfig.
    You'll get something like this:
    Code:
    Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
       Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::a447:b95:881f:959e%10
       IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.6
       Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
       Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1

Make sure in the port range forwarding section of your router that the IP address you have entered matches the IPV4 address here.
    Make sure you've done it for both protocols, as well.
    And DEFINITELY leave server-ip blank in server.properties.

14. Offline

Domo-KUN

Must i get a static IP in order to port foward properly?

15. Offline

pyraetos

Nope, although it is recommended you use a local static IP for hosting, such as CraftBukkit. You can easily do that in windows TCP/IP Configuration; however, that's for another thread :p

16. Offline

Domo-KUN

Alright so this are the steps i did.I went to enter my router without wired connection.I check my Port Range Foward it is port 25565 to 25565 and protocools are Both TCP and UDP.I opened up cmd and typed in ipconfig,check my IPv4 IP and typed into my router Port Range Foward.Next I save the settings and went to open my server with the Server properties IP left blank and check in canyouseeme.org and they still gave me the same warning.I am not sure if is my ISP or Do i need to do something else?

17. Offline

pyraetos

Your server was on when you ran the canyouseeme.org check right, and you checked the box in your router that said Enable?

18. Offline

Domo-KUN

Yeap i checked the box at the right

O ya i forgotten to tell u that i do not run my router on password means than no one can connect unless their MAC address is entered into the router.So means if i have a new computer i will need to enter the MAC address into the router so that the system can use the net

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2016
  19. Offline

pyraetos

@Domo-KUN
    It doesn't make sense, if your server.properties port is 25565, you have forwarded it to your computer and are running the server, that open port checker tool should be able to see your service :(

20. Offline

Domo-KUN

So how do i fixed that?

21. Offline

pyraetos

Have you had hamachi running the whole time?

22. Offline

Domo-KUN

Yes.I have hamachi.But i did try pressing the OFF button on my hamachi and it still dosent work

23. Offline

pyraetos

I think Hamachi gives you like a fake IP address for your little pseudo-network, is that similar to the one you see in the error from canyouseeme.org?

24. Offline

Domo-KUN

What do u mean the similar error from canyouseeme.org?

25. Offline

pyraetos

Is the IP Address you see on Hamachi similar to the one you see in the error?

26. Offline

Domo-KUN

No.Hamachi starts with a 5 but the IP on port checker starts with a 2

27. Offline

pyraetos

It's probably beyond my range of ideas then, I have to go, sorry I couldn't be more of a help, hope someone else is ;)

28. Please make a screenshot of the router configuration screen and post the full output of ipconfig.

29. Offline

lolydodo123

The port forwarding is right, Did u click on the check and save? What i do is: Server.properties:
    IP:192.168.1....
    and i check the external ip, So when i logg on using 192.... i can connect, Others can use the external ip.

30. Offline

Domo-KUN

Sorry eh how do i upload a photo.Cuz i click Upload a file and typed the description and dosent show the picture

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.