Requesting a Signshops update

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Dev, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Offline

Dev

Hello there folks. Signshops, one of my favorite, commandless, easy to use, multiworld, player-owned, shop plugins has gone inactive. Essentially, this shop plugin allows remote chests for storage, and easily setting up signs without having to type any commands. All of my users love it, as well as many other server owners. It would be a shame to let this plugin die, but there is certainly some work that needs to be done. If it were to be updated to the latest cb it would also need a few things fixed/added. Here's the important stuff:

1. This plugin needs item damage/metadata implementation. Meaning, it only partially knows the difference between lapis lazuli and an ink sac. It also doesn't recognize if a pick has been used or not.

2. Additionally, enchantments and potions were just added to the game, giving a whole new layer of things to code.

3. This plugin also occasionally throws the error "could not pass event PLAYER_INTERACT to signshops," which is a bit of a problem. It seems to happen more often when people are selling lots of items.

You can find this plugin on BukkitDev here. Anyone want to be the hero Gotham deserves?

2. Offline

Rahazan

I could do this, but I would first need approval by the original dev.
    EDIT: Or I could just rewrite it, doesn't seem that hard.

3. Offline

Dev

You may want to view this post for info on the original developer: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/quantum-connectors-blue-telepads-signshops-are-la-fin.23745/

Additionally, Specops mentioned in this post that he no longer has time for the plugin, and wants someone to take it over for him:
    So as far as that goes, I think we are in the clear.

4. Offline

Dev

Well, I guess Rahzan isn't picking this up. Any other takers?

5. Alright, it took me an hour but I read through the code, made it compatible with iConomy 6 and fixed a couple errors.
    There are still some deprecated bits here and there and quite a few TODO's. But it seems to work with the latest CB and iConomy build. It can be download here for now, don't expect it to be fully stable yet though.

What exactly do you want it do with enchantments and potions? Do you mean it should simply be able to store/sell potions? And is there any chance you could send me the full error from when it says "could not pass event PLAYER_INTERACT to signshops,"?

6. Offline

Dev

Awesome, thank you for the effort. So basically for enchantments and potions, the plugin needs to be able to fully read metadata. Last I checked, users could set up a sign shop for 1 lapislazuli, link the chest and the sign, then remove the lapis, and fill it with ink sacs. The signshop will sell the ink sacs, as if it were lapis. Similarly, you can sell ink sacs to lapis signshops. You can also sell used picks/swords/etc. to signs and get the full amount. I imagine the enchantments and potions would work similarly to that. I'll test out the version you just put up and report back.

EDIT: Looks like you made it only work with ico6? I'd suggest legacy support, as many people haven't updated their iconomy for quite some time.
    EDIT2: Ok, so it looks like you got item damage working. Wools, dyes, potions, and tools now work. Unfortunately, enchantments are handled differently than those items, so enchanted items are not recognized.
    EDIT3: This is the actual error message "Could not pass event PLAYER_INTERACT to SignShops"