[REQUEST] Survival Games Picking Plugin

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by sandsg145, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Offline

sandsg145

I know, I know. Right now you are thinking something crazy like: "Woahs brosey! Dontcha know there are thousandzzzz survival games plugins out there!".

However,

This isn't like the others. A group of friends and I are making a server unlike any other.
    It's an ultimate survival games server. I would give you more info, but I don't think Bukkit forums would like that, and I don't wanna reveal the great idea too much. When you spawn, you get to choose a district. Every hour there will be a "picking". That's the problem I need help with.

The plugin might be called "USG Picking". The picking plugin would have a time limit (when the pickings should occur, on my server it'll be every hour), then every time the picking occurs, it'll select two random names who are in the world. For instance, world "District_2" will have 2 players selected. The two players will automatically be teleported to world "USG Lobby" (and don't forget that there must be a broadcast "[USG] %player% and %player% were picked from %worldname%"). This, combined with a few other plugins, would make the server work flawlessly.

#This is the config file
    #This line shows the version, do not mess with!
    version-number: 1
    #The first line shows worlds that players will be picked from
    -'District_1'
    -'District_2'
    -'District_3'
    -'District_4'
    -'District_5'
    #The second line shows the broadcast message
    broadcast-message: "[USG]&a %player% and %player% were picked from %worldname%!"
    #The third line will show what command is used when a player is picked
    '/mw goto USG_Lobby'
    #How often does the picking occur in minutes?
    time-set: 60

Ideas for commands:
    -'/pick playername worldname' (To manually pick a player from a world)
    -'/pick reload' (Reloads, duh)
    -'/pick remove playername' (In case someone we didn't want to get picked, got picked)
    Ideas for permissions:
    -'pick.*' (Access to all commands)
    -'/pick.bypass' (to bypass being picked)

When I'd like it by: The end of the week, or halfway into next week? I don't know how long it takes to make a plugin