[Request] Points system.

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Opus, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Offline

Opus

If there is a plugin already available for this, can someone point me in the right direction?

I need something pretty simple. Right now we have a level system that allows different permissions at each level and we have been using cookies as a way to document our users progress.

Basically, the mods/admins give each user a cookie when we see them helping other players, finishing their structures (not leaving half built), being social on the server, reporting issues, and whatever else we feel like rewarding them for.
    Once a user has accumulated a certain number of cookies, they are able to return them to a mod/admin and we set up a vote between us on whether or not to promote the user to the next level. Our users love it, but we have been finding that they sometimes lose, or are robbed of, their cookies.

We are using LWC for chests, but it seems that with some of the client mods, instant break mods allow assholes to break a chest even if it is protected.

So, I am looking for a plugin that will be more of a points system. The mods/admins can assign points to the users, the users can query to find out how many they have at any point, but cannot see other users points.

We are not really looking for an iconomy system or a full blown rpg system, just a point tracker.

Thanks for your help!

2. Offline

Chrisward

I might try to write this, but if you would rather, I can make it so that it uses a point based system, rather than a cookie based system?

3. Offline

Hoddie54

Im sure you can just change a few things in an iConomy type plugin (or iConomy itself) and make it exactly like this. Call your currency "Cookies". /money grant <name> 1 to give a player a cookie and it can never be stolen.

EDIT:

iConomy ONLY deals with money. No added shops or anything like that. If you make the ONLY way to get "money/cookies", by admins giving them it, then it works fine.

4. Offline

Chrisward

I'll also need to know which (if any) permissions plugin you're using :)

5. Offline

Opus

Hi Chrisward, that would be much appreciated.

Points would be preferable. We used cookies because they can't be crafted (yet) and were kind of funny.

I am currently using Permission 3.1.6 but since I found out that it is now Inactive, I will most likely be moving to PermissionsEX.

Thanks again for looking at this.

6. Offline

tharvoil