(request) NO VOID PARTICLES?!

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by TreeFu_Tom, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Offline

TreeFu_Tom

I was wondering if someone could make a plugin to get rid of void particles! i have looked and looked and i can only find ones to either ADD particles OR remove potion particles. i need to remove Bedrock Fog & particles down there. if anyone knows what to do please help (ps. i have optifine its just my other players) and i dont want to keep telling people to change their video settings...

2. Offline

becidyq

There is not possible to make a plugin that changes the players video settings. Sorry.

3. Offline

Retherz_

Not possible unless you could send a different Y coordinate(maybe adding 15 or something)

4. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Not possible

5. Offline

Garris0n

Possible, but so insane that you may as well just write a world generator that generates the terrain 20 blocks higher than usual.

6. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

You can fake the height? :confused:
    And the generator is a good idea

7. Offline

Garris0n

A lot of packet manipulation and...absolute hell and you could probably manage a hacky super-laggy solution. Even the world generator would be hard to do.

8. Offline

Onlineids

timtower Garris0n
    Isnt much of a solution but if you gave everyone night vision you wouldn't see them but then again there would be no night

Think i just realized how to do this once a player reaches said height to see void particles you give them night vision and when they rise above that you take it away

nam999 likes this.
  9. Offline

TreeFu_Tom

hmmm i will try something. but the thing is i was using optifine and i build realllyyyyyy big spawn on bedrock for my server, the my friend joined and he was like 'i cant even see in front of me' DERP. how do i change the y co-ords without copy and paste bc i tried that and my server crashed...:p

10. Offline

Me4502

The particles would still be there, the fog would be gone however.

11. Offline

Onlineids

True true. Alot less annoying tho

12. Offline

Empire92

Or you could get something like OptiFine and disable void particles and fog.

13. Offline

TreeFu_Tom

i cant get all my players to get optifine ^.^

14. Offline

rayblon

If your spawn is underground, try to make skylights. Sunlight can burn through the void fog.

15. Offline

Jaaakee224

Fake the height, move the spawn up a bit. Other than that I believe you cannot get rid of the void particles without any client modification.

16. Offline

morshu9001

Hmm, any way to install Optifine via a server resource pack? :D

17. Offline

LordDarthBob

There is no way to install a mod automatically via resource pack right now, but Mojang's mod API is supposed to be released soon, which means adding optifine as a server plugin/mod that players can auto-install wouldn't be too hard.