Request Monster Drop Disable!

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by lloyd menzies, May 27, 2012.

1. Offline

lloyd menzies

Plugin category: MECH

Suggested name: StopDrop

A bit about me: I currently run a minecraft RPG server designed to bring the monsters and quest gameplay style to Minecraft.

What I want: I would like a plugin which would disabled the monsters from dropping items that i list in a config. For example sometimes PigZombies tend to drop Gold Swords which in theory can be sold for lots of money on my server which rather unbalances everything.

Ideas for commands: Not required but preferred, /stopdrop disable /stopdrop enable

Ideas for permissions: No permissions required, default to OP only.

When I'd like it by: Asap or before June 13th when I go on my long holiday.

Similar plugin requests: None.

Thank you for taking the time to read this plugin request. The person who designs this plugin for me will be granted VIP access on my server as a token of my appreciation.

2. Offline

recon88

Wait... You edited your request?
    Didn't you want a plugin that blocks all mob drops?
    I just started with making that and now I'm reading the edited one which says that you just want to block specified items.

lloyd menzies likes this.
  3. Offline

lloyd menzies

Aha! Yes i edited my request due to incorrect format.

Thanks for starting so early on this, i would prefer to block specified drops however if this plugin were to disable all monster drops wouldn't this conflict with my MoneyDrop plugin which drops gold nuggets from monsters when killed?

Gold Nuggets dropped from monsters are my servers currency. When a player picks up a Gold Nugget from a killed monster the player gets the message "You have recieved x coins."

Here is the MoneyDrop plugin.
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/ec...y-from-players-and-mobs-spout-1-2-5-r1.33485/

Apologies for the amount of times I have edited these posts I have a nasty cold.

4. Offline

recon88

Currently it removes all mob drops (mobs configurable) <- Made this before you edited the first post.
    I could add the gold nugget(s) (random amount?) to it if you want. So you can get rid of one plugin.
    I also could make the random max. amount configurable.

What about players? they are dropping the inventory or nuggets too? or no pvp?

5. Offline

lloyd menzies

Hey, thanks for the reply.

Im loving it so far, as for the blocking all monster drops i guess that's ok and i appreciate the work you have done.

Players however do not drop items on death, and once a gold nugget is picked up from the death of a monster the gold nugget does not appear in the players inventory but gets converted to a text based currency which must be compatible with BOSEconomy.

Yes the Gold Nugget random amount should range from 1coin - 10 coins per monster death. However players do not drop gold nuggets so you need not worry about players dropping these.

Thanks again, looking forward to hearing from you again.

6. Offline

ZeroZX4

7. Offline

recon88

Well.. Yes you could use that if you want to use more than 1 plugin.
    As I said I could merge both together

Edit:
    If you want me to do it, you should add me on Skype: recon8800
    Don't want to discuss all that stuff here because it takes to much time.