[Request] Male Female Chooser

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by omnija, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Offline

omnija

Sorry if this has already been requested, but i didn't see any. Basicly i think it would be great to have the ablity to choose male or female upon login or authentication
    [xauth or any other auth login plugin].

Why does this really matter? well for start i know tons of female players and want to play female characters. Why not just change the skin? well nobody else will see how they look. For me i want everyone to play the same, so skins,textures and so on.
    I just think being able to have the choices of male or female characters is great for everyone.
    Also for economy based server's it might give more ideas to new plugins, such as marriages, families and so on.

Anyways thanks for reading.

Zero9195 likes this.
  2. Uhm... If they change their skin other players DO see that if they're on a multiplayer server. >.>

3. Offline

Zero9195

@omnija
    Thats a good Idea :) I will try to make a plugin where you can choose these, and maybe other things like age and relationship status.
    I will contact you in here when I finished it :D

Jaker232 likes this.
  4. Offline

omnija

I own a multiplayer server and i DO Not see other player's character skins, i only see the skin i implemented in my client files.

Awesome and good luck.

5. I love this idea :p

6. Offline

Unset

For custom skins without using the official ones from minecraft.net you need a client mod:
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/ad...g-of-players-skins-capes-and-title-953.22951/
    All players need to install bukkitcontrib (that's the name of the mod)

If you do not want that, you can put some pink wool on your head (like a pumpkin)
    Here is a plugin that lets you put any block on your head:
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/fu...you-place-any-block-as-your-helmet-953.25891/
    I known it is not a skin, but it helps recognizing people on offline-servers

7. Offline

Xtra

You shouldn't implement in your client files. Unless you didn't buy the game, you change it by logging into you mc account in minecraft.net and upload a skin there.

dak393 likes this.
  8. Offline

Zero9195

@omnija
    It's finished :D Hope it is what you looked for :) Feel free to ask questions and to suggest new features ;)
    zSociety

9. Offline

omnija

wow thanks alot, maybe it would be more of use to add a force insert profile upon login and show commands on how to do so "in game".

@Unset thanks also, i will surely check.

10. Offline

MCManager

i can see skins from other people, your people just didn't change them...
    cuz if i change my skin, my cousin can see that...

11. Offline

Zero9195

@omnija
    I will add some more Features, such as ingame help later. First, it needs to work right, I just found a few more Bugs :(

12. Offline

omnija

like someone said above, it's because none of us have purchased it...

@Zero9195 sounds good.

13. Offline

MCManager

k

14. Offline

dak393

:/ buy the game

Lunarius Haberdash likes this.
  15. Offline

Wakko

If you can't see another person's custom skin in Beta SMP, it's for one of the following reasons:
    1) They don't have a custom skin. (Not everyone wants one.)
    2) Sometimes a glitch happens and the default skin shows instead.
    3) They're pirating Minecraft. (Only on offline servers.)

16. Offline

Xtra

Solutions:
    1) Stop being stupid. Put a skin by logging into your minecraft account in minecraft.net.
    2) Relog. If it doesn't work delete the bin folder in .minecraft
    3) Buy the game. It's cheap.

17. Offline

Adondriel

Dude if you're not gunna buy the game why would you even play it? it is only what? 20$ right now? that is 1/3 of one of those stupid xbox games. Just pay notch like all of us and be done with it. If there were less of you the world would be a better place. Stop ripping notch off.

Lunarius Haberdash likes this.
  18. Seconded.

19. Offline

Unset

Well I think it is your own decision wether you buy the game or not. People should not never play policeman and scream 'you didn't buy the game! buy the game! You are stupid because everybody buys it!'. If a friend of you downloads a mp3, you ain't gonna scream 'You stole music!' and call the police, or would you? Ofcourse piracy is a bad thing, but screaming at people and discriminating because of piracy is even worse.

20. Offline

omnija

@Unset thanks for the links it helped me lots.

@Andondriel Wow, do you live in a box? your saying that if there wasn't piracy the world would be a better place. First of all, i consider it "Sharing" . Second, yea because there aren't wars, murderer's and rapists in this world...

@Everyone else, this thread is about a request plugin, not about who bought what and who didn't. Just because i didn't buy it yet doesn't mean i won't eventually, but by the way your all acting, makes me think your all mad because you paid for it and i didn't have to.

If you have any further comments on this matter, fell free to start a convo with me and refrain from spamming non sense on this thread.

21. Offline

Mixcoatl

My Socials! plug-in has that functionality built it, since knowing the player's gender is required to pick the correct personal pronouns when constructing social messages. The link is in my signature if you care to take a look.

22. Offline

Wakko

Not everyone wants a skin. Some people are OK with the default, or don't want to bother getting one.

23. Offline

Xtra

Point isn't how mutch it costs, point is it's already in the game. I admit, i download pirated games alot, but since they are pirated i don't expect them to have every single thing that the real game has. Plus the op is asking for a thing that already exists. He's not comming up with a new feature, he just wants to get the real deal without paying for it.

Wtf are you on about? Before you post read the previous posts.

Edit: Something worth asking for would be a client mods, that would allow you to customise your character after you login, like in mmorpg's, and then would send it off to the minecraft servers as if it had been uploaded normaly..

24. Offline

Wakko

@Xtra You said put a skin by logging into your account, so I mentioned some people just don't want a custom skin.
    Don't complain to me about not reading previous posts if you haven't.