Request: inforced version rules

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by mrgreaper, Feb 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

mrgreaper

ok i posted this in another thread but it warrents its own thread

ok so the build numbers have changed,

before, every update was, i need build 405 for this plugin 356+ for that one ohhh that dont work with 406 or above arghhhhhhhh

yep recomanded builds will stop this and thats greatly appreciated but i suggest 2 forum changes

1) move all plugins from release to submission until the have the recomanded build in there titlle or description (this will make it easier for users to know if a plugin works and should stop devs from having users complain something is not working when they merly have a incorect version of the plugin)

2) make a plugin beta thread for devs that want to release plugins for dev builds (unrecommanded ones) these can always be moved to release when the dev build becomes recommanded build

if you make it a rule that the build be placed in the topic title perhaps you could use a script to move them automaticly to the right section? the forum seems rather advanced

2. Yes, pleaaaaase.

3. Offline

Krispy

Yes, I would like some enforcement on developers to link legacy builds so that your compatible plugins don't fission as bukkit rapidly develops.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.