Request: "Ghost Form"

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Mafidog, May 31, 2011.

1. Offline

Nazerb

@shadrxninga
    What about this then : So maybe the other way round, you go to the grave yard then you have to go back where you died and hit the sign. Or in the graveyard there is a sign that they can pay to use.

2. Offline

matthayez011

i think you should have an npc created with the person who died name so say John died an npc named John would be created then John the ghost would have to go find his body or could pay to be resurcted

3. Offline

Nazerb

a sign would do for me i dont need some npc standing about

4. Offline

Mafidog

@shadrxninga what' s your opinion about being dead?
    Should there be an NPC lying down or something?
    Man, I am a bit confused.
    1. How are you supposed to "pay" while you' re dead?
    2. An NPC just lying down is... ugly. It will also prevent your movement (thus considered as "difficult terrain" (I like D&D :D)).
    3. You punch a sign or /resurrect, I think this is up to the dev (that means you).

5. Offline

shadrxninga

I'll make a test version... then we will sort out the confusions...

6. Offline

Mafidog

7. Offline

Nazerb

Can't Wait for this plugin :D

8. Offline

Nazerb

@shadrxninga
    Hows it coming along, because otherwise i might use graveyards for the time being.

9. Offline

shadrxninga

Like I kinda said before, I have some other work to do before I really get into this. I am going to try finish it this weekend ( It is Thursday where I am - I can start on friday night)

10. Offline

matthayez011

heres my oppinion when your a ghost you can jump high and run fast so where you died there is an npc that is standing but not moving and doesnt take damage so you have to quickly goto your npc or you can buy your way back, you still have your same amount of money just no items, and once you hit your npc you become alive, or somebody else could feed you a certain item like a golden apple and you automatically come back to life, thats the kind of plugin my server needs

11. Offline

Wakko

Tell that to the vanish plug-ins. :p

This all looks pretty cool.
    If there's ever a finished version of this, I'd love to try it out. :D

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  12. Offline

shadrxninga

That is vanishing completely... I can do that :D, I just can't make them look see through.
    I've yet to start it. There will be a finished version soon.

13. Offline

Mafidog

Ok, but please guys stop posting to ask to put dead looking NPCs into the game, that is really hard (I guess, @shadrxninga is the one who chooses)

14. Offline

Nazerb

A sign will do for me. Where they die.

15. Offline

shadrxninga

I will see what I can do, I sign with their name and time of death could be cool. That is removed when they respawn.

16. Offline

Nazerb

@shadrxninga Then you can have that they click the sign to respawn. wait are you making them spawn at graveyards or at there body?

17. Offline

shadrxninga

I see what I can do, I'll get a semi -working version then we can discuss the details :)

18. Offline

Mafidog

OK good thanks :).

19. Offline

Nazerb

Count me in!

20. Offline

Mafidog

Ok, I appreciate that, I don' t own a server at all.

21. Offline

Pencil

How about when they die they are given a compass which they can't drop or store. That compass always points to the closest resssurect point? Just an idea im throwing in here :p

22. Offline

Mafidog

@Pencil this requires messing around with core files, I guess, but it might be able to happen.

23. Offline

Pencil

Not that I need a plugin like that, I simply like the idea and wanted to contribute something :D

24. Offline

Ghostetr

if u are making this plugin a way to make them more ghost like would be if they switch from visable to invisable like 2 - 3 times each sec.
    u might get some info about how to make players invisable at the plugin spyer :D
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/fu...ating-and-pvp-alternative-to-vanish-818.6295/
    //Ghostetr

25. Offline

shadrxninga

Sorry, but I have some big school project that has come up and as well as that I have an other plugin that I am needing to develop first. I will definitely make when time becomes available. But for now, if anyone else wants to have a crack at this feel free.

Like I said before, if no one takes this on, I will definitely make this when I've got some more time.

26. Offline

Mafidog

Ok, thanks again, and don' t worry mate, I don' t have any problem, I can wait.

27. Offline

Nazerb

:(

28. Offline

Benjaneer

{edit} never mind that link you clearly said no invisibility was wanted so just i removed it{edit}

Good luck, sounds pretty cool for rpg.

29. Offline

Nazerb

So this has died?

30. Offline

shadrxninga

No, it hasn't "died". I will get around to making this once like I said in the post before, finished some other work. If anyone wants to take this plugin up before that though. Than feel free.