[Request] Economy - PYRITE (gold backed banking/trading)

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by roracle, Nov 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

roracle

Plugin Category: Economy

SuggestedName: Pyrite

[​IMG]

TLDR version: Need a bank to trade precious user defined gems/metals for economy money ($ value), and should be the ONLY way to create money with this plugin. Players need a way to set up stores to exchange Minecraft goods for economy-plugin money. Gem/Metal defined in config as backing should inflate and deflate based on trade of said item. Should be 100% commandless for ease of use.

What I want: I would like a plugin that can have an economy inflate and deflate based on gold (or any items that is set in a config).
    The point of Pyrite would be to allow the administrator a way of controlling in game economy using a standard set by the server using any items they want to regulate (I would use Gold Nuggets, Ingots, Blocks, and Diamond, Diamond Blocks). The overall point is to make a more RP style banking system that fits the world of Minecraft.

I would like it to be compatible with iConomy. One of the big issues right now is the lack of shops working on similar server software, so if it was lightweight and used as much of iConomy as possible (and as little of Bukkit) it should be fine. The server should be the banker exchanging the backing for cash while the players exchange wood for feathers (or more cash), for example.

How it would work:
    1: Admin creates a server chest (buy/sell style) in the style of GemBank...but this is a server-wide chest that users can access (at a physical chest, not a command) to exchange their Gold and other gems (again, set by the server). This should have the option to use an iConomy account created by the server. Layman's terms: no money is _created_ outside this method, except for withdrawing from Towny banks, which you originally would get from this exchange I'm explaining. The money should allow you to buy back the gems/metals, too.
    2: Gold should inflate and deflate using a base for that value. The plugin called GoldStandard has a great way of handling this, using a "base" item, then giving it a ratio (0.10 by default in GoldStandard) and then you can set other items to be relative to that base ratio. When Gold is sold, the price of Gold goes down, when Gold is bought, it rises based on the ratio set. It also supports other items and ratios that stand aside from the base, but that is optional for what I'm after). Some items will eventually need to be added to the config because of run-away economics. Wood Logs are a prime example, and should be more reasonable regulated, so that people don't go around chopping all the trees...at least not for money. lol
    3: Players should be able to buy/sell between each other all items (excluding or including the base currency items) and do so using a chest-shop type of interaction. If the base currency backing is traded between players, it should still inflate/deflate, otherwise it ruins the free market and creates a gold-standard "black market" among the players ignoring the main bank (at least that's what I see happening).
    4: The players can exchange their bullion at the bank to get cash on hand that would go through vault and into iConomy or any other eco plugin.
    5: Players should be able to receive Gold itself as payment if the option is set.
    6: Players should also be able to have a vault similar to the server chest in 1 above. This would be a personal stash that player can access, but doesn't give them money for storage...it's simply a lock box if you will. It would be nice to have one "lockbox" to keep at the bank that all users can use, and it's separate inventories for each user. This is purely optional as many plugins already have protections for items, and this wold just be a redundant feature.

The point is to get players to be active together, to have to go somewhere to do their banking. Part of Minecraft's difficulty is the time consumption aspect, and most economies with shops don't have that (many are command based that doesn't take travelling at all). But the goal itself is to let the free market run free while being mindful of exchange rates.

There doesn't seem to be a simple "free market" system like this. Gold is practically useless so it works perfect as a backing for a virtual exchange (as does Diamond for higher values/bonds as it's more rare than Gold) thus giving us a "fiat" to work with. If gold ever over inflates, new items can be introduced for fiat by changing the config).

Ideas for commands: None should be needed for players. Signs on/by/over chests that activate the system for admin gem-exchanges and for player stores. All /money is handled by whatever eco plugin you have.

Ideas for permissions: None that I can think of.

When I'd like it by: Within a few weeks at least. I'd love for it to be open source for easier development. I've never coded in Java or made a Bukkit plugin. Truth is I don't really have a time frame, but my players are getting antsy about having a stable method of doing things.

I hope I'm not being too presumptuous with this request, as I would like it to be as compatible as possible to be 1.8 ready. Thanks for your consideration!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.