Filled [Request] Charge Your Jumps

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Harrison015, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Offline

Harrison015

Plugin category: Mechanics, Fun

Suggested name: Charge Jump

What I want: I want player's to have the ability to hold shift, but the longer they hold, the higher they jump. I also would indication tones that gain a higher pitch depending on how long a player holds shift. Once the player stops holding shift and jumps within a certain time ( 1-2 seconds?) after shifting, they get launched in the air respectively to their shift hold timing.

This would be useful for climbing mountains and getting to high places with a semi-realistic feel.

Ideas for commands:
    /charged on - Turn on the ability to use charged jumps.
    /charged off - Turn off the ability to use charged jumps.

Ideas for permissions:
    chargejump.toggle - Grants ability to toggle the player's ability on or off.
    chargejump.use - Grants ability to use charged jumps.

When I'd like it by: Whenever possible!

2. Offline

TheWolfBadger

Harrison015 Should the default be "charged" being off?

3. Offline

Harrison015

TheWolfBadger
    No, it should be on by default

4. Offline

TheWolfBadger

Harrison015 Ill do this once I get back from my interview.

5. Offline

Harrison015

Thanks! :)

6. Offline

TheWolfBadger

You may want to add a limit to the jump. It goes really really high. Just ask me if you want a limit and how much it should limit. - Jack --- <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Harrison015

Harrison015 This can now be found here!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2016
  7. Offline

Harrison015

[quote uid=90960197 name="TheWolfBadger" post=2616805]You may want to add a limit to the jump. It goes really really high. Just ask me if you want a limit and how much it should limit. - Jack --- <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

The limit should be around 15-20 blocks in the air. Also, can you remove the fall damage when the player comes back down?

EDIT: If you can.. I would like the plugin to show you how long until your jump is fully at it's limits, whether it be using the xp bar or the boss bar. (Maybe some sound indications as well?)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2016
  8. Offline

TheWolfBadger

Harrison015 I'll update the plugin when I have a chance. I'm going to be on vacation for a week. Update it when I'm back. See ya.