[REQ] Whitelist with a twist!

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Flenix, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Offline

Flenix

Hey guys,

I have a simple request right here. I've tried to find a plugin that does it, but I can't find one :(

Basically, what I want is one of the following scenarios. It is a whitelisting plugin, but anyone can still join. New players either:

Cannot talk, or be seen, but can teleport to set points
    OR:
    Are kicked after 30 minutes and added to a blacklist, until added officially.

In either case, they cannot attack or be attacked, mobs won't target them and of course they cannot break or place anything.

The idea behind this is to let players have a look around your server before they properly apply. Maybe also hook to a MySQL setup with a website where they must click a button saying "I wish to join" before they can get on at all. That way you know they've still read your thread :p

2. Offline

EllBristow

Not quite what you are requesting... but... I've just finished creating GreylistVote for Ellitopia.net.

The idea is that people can join but not build/destroy. User can then vote to allow the person build rights once they trust them, using /greylist [player]

You can configure the number of votes required.

I like the idea of not being able to interact with mobs etc... I may look into that. It's not the direction I was going in for my server, since I wanted them to be able to still interact and earn money... but I may look into adding that.