[REQ] Whitelist Reward Codes - Read More Below

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by JargonTheRed, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Offline

JargonTheRed

This is an idea I've been chewing on for a while now. At first I wanted to see if I could get a plugin dev to specifically develop it for my server only. Since I could not find one willing to do it, I am here to propose my idea to the general crowd instead.

-------------------------------------
    Have you ever wondered why no-one who gets your whitelist message never checks out your website? Why they won't just type in your address and check you out?
    I have, and I have come up with an idea that could make all players that are not whitelisted yet more willing to apply and join your server.

The plan goes like this, following @codename_B's formatting example:

Plugin Category:
    [Admin][Sec][Econ]

Suggested Name:
    Up to you, dear devs. I could suggest WhitelistCodes, though.

A bit about me:
    I am a server owner who has had some problems getting people motivated to join my server, because I run a whitelist. If they could get some kind of reward for joining, they would be much more motivated to apply and join.

What I want:
    I want a plugin that rewards player for applying to a server AFTER that have been kicked for not being on the whitelist.

The general idea is this: Let's say player A sees my server on the Spout Public List, and tries to join. Bust as player A isn't on the whitelist, he gets kicked with the message

"You are not whitelisted! Go to http://trollcrafting.weebly.com for more info".

Bah, thinks player A, a whitelist. I don't have time for this. And just as that, plyer A leaves without even checking out the website. But here's where my idea comes in. Instead of simply redirecting A to a website, the plugin stores his name for later use and generates a random 8-digit code for A that displays along with the kick message, such as this:

"You are not whitelisted. If you apply at http://trollcrafting.weebly.com, you can redeem the code "57xdgx8b" for a reward when you join!"

So player A thinks "Oh my, free stuff! Perhaps I should try this anyway." So player A merrily goes to your website, applies and joins the game where the plugin who stored his name and code before recognizes him and greets him with a small chat or spout popup that says:

"Hello, player A! Thank you for joining us! Redeem the code you got when you were kicked before by using /redeemcode <code> for some nice rewards."

Player A redeems his code, gets an amount of configurable rewards and lives happily ever after.

The End. Time to go to bed, kids.

Ideas for commands:
    /redeemcode <code> - This will fetch the user's name from a database and attempt to match the code he entered with the one in the database. If they match, the code is 'used up' and the user gets his rewards. The code can not be redeemed again. If an attempt is made an error message shows.
    /blockcodes <user> - If an admin suspects foul play, he can block a user from redeeming codes with this command. It is merely an idea, and will probably be useless since the database only registers one code per KICKED user.

Ideas for permissions:
    whitelistcodes.redeem - Allows the user to redeem codes.
    whitelistcodes.admin - Gives the user access to any and all commands. Should not be neccesary.

Willing to pay up to:
    I am kind of short on money, but if you are serious about coding this according to my specifications and have at least two approved plugins, we could discuss a price.

When I'd like it by:
    As soon as possible, as with all requests. This depends on how much interest is shown.

Similar plugin requests:
    None that I have seen. If you know of any, tell me.

Devs who might be interested in this:
    I do not know, but please tell me if you are. This could be a shooting star if done properly.

------------------------------

Well, that's it for my idea. If you are interested, either comment or PM me so we can talk.

Thank you for reading this. If there are any plugins that does this already, tell me and I'll see if they have what I want.

Have a nice day, and please, consider this.

//Jargon

2. Offline

KoolSource

@JargonTheRed
    I'm unable to develop a plugin like this. HOWEVER:

Many servers that you find laying around including our server allow anyone on to the server. Now don't get me wrong I understand what a whitelist is for and why they exist. However you can whitelist your server through different means than "Your not allowed to join the server until you've done X,Y, and Z". I would suggest using a combination of PermissionEx, ModifyWorld (PermissionEx's Build Plugin), and OKB3 to limit users' ability to build, break, and interact with the world until they do X,Y, and Z. That way new users get a chance to "browse" your server before making the decision to commit to the *timely* process of registering and completing X,Y, and Z.

If you need help with this type of setup let me know and we can come to some type of arangement.

-John