[REQ] - stop Locked Chest block disappearing (Item ID 95)

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Flenix, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Offline

Flenix

Hey guys,
    in the april fools joke, Notch added that Locked Chest to the game which opens a website. Now, we can still spawn this chest, and place it.. but it just vanishes again when its interacted with :(

The reason I want it, is because Pistons can move it.. so you could have some chests in a room and one is this. Pistons could then pull it out of the way revealing a hidden passageway!

Another useful thing would just be to secretly light up a hidden store room of course. Or just annoy players with a fake chest :D

2. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Yeah, this is something I would like. Though, I wonder if it'll be removed altogether in the 1.8 update...

3. Offline

Flenix

I don't think so, when was it put it? around 1.4/1.5 wasn't it? I'd have thought if Notch was going to remove it, he'd have done it by now... like when he made it delete itself...

4. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

I wonder, does the BLOCK_FADE event include disappearing locked chests? If so, this plugin would be trivial.

5. Offline

Flenix

No idea, what else does it cover? I don't know of any blocks that fade?

6. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

I'm not certain, but things like ice and leaves come to mind.

7. Offline

creeperkiller

i want a plugin that stops this from happing. i would like to use this block in my server spawn but they disappear.