[REQ] SpoutWardrobe - Equip "new armor" using Spout!

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by iMint, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Offline

iMint

This is an idea that I had when thinking about different classes for my RPG server. I thought of a Rogue, Mage, and Warrior, and thought, "how cool would it be to have DIFFERENT types of armor!? Warriors can have the default armor, but Rouges can have assassin cloaks and Mages can have robes!" But...currently, that isn't possible on regular SMP servers (it could be possible with ItemCraft but that plugin is SO GLITCHY..) but it could be semi-possible with Spout! What the players would see is new "armor".

1. The player kills a mob, and with a random chance they receive "Magician's Robes".
    2. The player sees a text readout in the chat saying "You have obtained Magician's Robes!"
    3. By pressing T, (configurable key), a GUI pops up in Spout that looks like a mini-inventory. This inventory shows a small icon of the robes in it.
    4. The player can click on the robes and it will "equip"

But here's what's happening behind-the-scenes:

When the player "equips" the robes, what it does is adds an overlay to the player's skin. The overlays would be stored in /SpoutWardrobe/overlays . These overlays are in the same layout as the Skins are, except it is all transparent except for what is going to be showing. When you equip a certain item, it will put the overlay on top of the player's skin, so that it looks like the player is wearing that item! When they take it off, it will revert to the original player's skin.

Pretty simple concept if you think about it. But I'm sure it involves really advanced java, and I haven't even touched on Java. So, I would like to make this a request :)

Thanks in advance to whoever releases it! I'm assuming this is possible, but if it isn't, please at least tell me what part of it isn't possible!

2. Offline

Supzmuffin

that is a pretty cool idea i might try to make it!