[REQ] Some sort of massive area based plugin

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by ikkyblob, Jun 28, 2011.

?

What is your opinion on this request?

1. There's already world guard, we don't need this

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I hate it!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Its absolutly needed!

50.0%
  4. I might use it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I probably won't use it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. It has some nice original ideas, but not enough to be a seperate plugin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. It needs improvement (please post a possible way to improve it)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Other (please post your opinion)

50.0%
  1. Offline

ikkyblob

Now, don't immediately go and yell "THERE'S ALREADY WORLD GUARD!" because this is different, its more like an area effects idea than an anti-grief idea. Basically, it would allow you to define an area and give it properties (yes, including anti-grief ones, but not just anti-grief ones). Example properties include:

• Area inventory- Just like the old cuboid one, the player will access a different inventory, exclusive to that area
    • Creeper explosions- Basically, whether or not a creeper can destroy blocks
    • Ghast explosions- The same as the creeper one, but with fireballs
    • TNT- whether or not TNT is allowed use disallowed blocks
    • Explosions- Whether or not explosions in general are allowed
    • Fire- Whether or not fire is allowed use disallowed blocks
    • Building- Whether or not the blocks can placed or destroyed by people
    • Editable- Whether or not the area can be changed at all
    • Reverting- Sets a time for the area to revert to the state it was in when it was set as reverting(basically, like a special editable option)
    • Warping allowed- Whether or not one can warp to or from the area
    • Auto-healing- Whether or not and how much per second players heal within the area
    • Mobs- What individual mobs cannot spawn in the area (can be set as all)
    • All of the existing world-guard properties(just because they are nice)
    • Allowed/Disallowed groups/players- Lets you allow/disallow certain groups or players to enter the area
    • Invincibility- Turns damage on or off in the area (maybe even to only certain things, like drowning or lava)
    • Buy-able- self-explainable, also the price of the area
    • Owner- the area's owner. only the owner can edit or delete the area
    • Disallowed blocks- blocks that will automatically revert to air if present in the area

Feel free to add to the suggestion with even more properties. I would really appreciate this, a lot! This plugin would introduce tons of possibilities. Also, sorry if its absolute hell to code, atleast it would be kinda worth it for all of the pay-off!

2. Offline

alta189

Regios sounds like what you are looking for. Its coded by @Adamki11s

3. Offline

ikkyblob

Thanks, I kinda overlooked it when i was searching because it didn't have area inventory,a big thing i wanted. However, I'm mainly wanting all of that stuff (and maybe that lightning thing, too, its nice) in one plugin for more funtionality. If I tried this with multiple plugins, I would have to sell an area multiple times before it meant anything.

4. Offline

Wakko

Nice ideas, but a lot of that is already in WorldGuard. (Actually, most of that is.)