[REQ][RPG]Health Manager and Alchemy

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Lunarius Haberdash, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Just an idea I came up with tonight while avoiding homework.

Concept:
    Being caught in the rain or snow, falling into water, eating raw meat, can result in getting an illness. Spiders bites can result in getting poisoned. Cures involve the use of 'dyes' as medication.

• Sources
      • Weather based illness ~ Getting caught in the rain or snow can result in illness.
      • Biome
      • Poison Effects -Skeletons, Spiders
      • Damage Based Effects ~ Falling Damage, Burn Damage
      • Raw Foods
      • Starvation
      • Mobs
    • Potential Effects ~ Each of these can have varying levels of severity.
      • Reduced Damage Output
      • Reduced range on Bows
      • Increased Damage intake
      • Inability to jump
      • Slower mining speed
      • "Hallucinations", make Ores invisible unless directly interacted with. (IE ~ mined)
      • Slowed movement rate
      • 'Semi-Permanent Damage' ~ The inability to heal beyond a certain point, even post death, until a cure is taken.
    • Cures, Preventatives, and Treatments
      • Ingredient for cure Sources:
        • Foods
        • Dyes
        • Materials (Water, Wool, Snow balls)
        • Environmental (Nearby fires, altitude, depth, biome)
      • Cures
        • Using certain dyes (by right clicking? Command line?) will result in the removal, in whole or in part, of a particular disease effect. Which dye or combination of dyes depends on the disease, and will be used automatically. Best to avoid duplicate cures.
        • Preventatives
        • Taking dyes, eating certain foods, etc, can provide a temporary immunity to effects from disease and weather effects.
      • Equipment
        • Wearing certain equipment or having it in your inventory can prevent certain weather based/damage type based effects. (Leather Armor in snow biomes to keep you warm, wearing armor in the desert can make you get heatstroke, while carrying a bucket of water prevents it.)
      • Treatments
        • Falling damage can be cured by having wool and sticks in your inventory and using a command line "/splint" for instance.
        • Hypothermia can be cured by proximity to a fire and a bowl of mushroom stew.
        • Heat stroke is curable by using a dye and a bucket of water (for example)

• The Doctors Bag o' Tricks.
      • Option 1: Command lines give you access to the Doctors bag.
        • /medbag (Lists all mixed cures in your medbag)
        • /administer (recipe) ~ Will use the recipe on the next person you right click.
        • /apply (recipe) ~ Applies recipe to yourself.
        • /trade (recipe) ~ Will give away a pre-mixed recipe you own to the next person you right click. If the click does not occur within 10 seconds, the request is cancelled.
        • /alchemy (Recipe) ~ Will consume the ingredients from your inventory, and increment a counter stored in the plug in viewable by a command.
        • /recipelist ~ Will list recipes based on the modifier
          • /recipelist all ~ Lists all recipes alphabetically
          • /recipelist weather ~ Lists all weather based recipes
          • /recipelist disease ~ Lists all disease based recipes
          • /recipelist damage ~ Lists all damage type recipes (falling, etc)
          • /recipelist <biome> ~ Lists specific biome related recipes
          • /recipelist poison ~ Lists all poison type recipes
          • /recipelist foodbased ~ Sickness from raw food.'
      • Option 2:
        • Using the same kind of code that:
          • Gives 'Bookworm' it's 'title' functionality and prevents written in books from stacking.
          • Gives 'Runecraft' the ability to make items with special magic properties.
        • Introduce new crafting recipes that will result in 'Titled' end results.
        • Using this functionality we could have dyes that are the 'cure/treatment/etc' that can be used to target-right click with. When you selected them from your hot-bar it would announce it's 'title' telling you what it is. The canny medic could have many healing options on hand.
    • Mob Based
      • Spiders
        • Configurably Biome dependent venom, with each variety inflicting a different set of conditions on the bitten subject.
      • Wolves
        • Rabies is bad yo.
      • Zombies
        • Zombies can inflict a rotting disease on the victim. This can be all zombies, a percentage chance of a zombie having the ability to transfer this, can be biome dependent.
      • Creepers
        • If a creeper explodes on you, can contract a disease (spores?)
      • Skeletons
        • Occasionally packing poisoned arrows, or flaming arrows. Resulting in burn or poison damage, for example.
      • PigZombies
        • Heat based diseases, rot diseases that cause semi-permanent damage.
      • Ghasts
        • Heat Based damage, perhaps disease.
    • Examples of Afflictions and their effects,possible cures:
      • Heat-Stroke ~ Working in the desert without water on hand, while sunburned.
        • Effects ~ Slower work, no jump, 2 HP down permanently.
        • Cure Recipe ~ Water, Orange Dye
        • Prevention ~ Bucket of Water on person.
      • Sunburn ~ Working in the desert.
        • Effects ~ Slower work
        • Cure Recipe ~ Water, Rose Red Dye
        • Prevention ~ Head Wrap (Made with /alchemy, rose red, and wool. Protection for 24000 seconds)
      • Zombie Rot ~ Acquired by getting hit by an infected zombie.
        • Effects ~ Steady degrading of max HP (min 2)
        • Cure Recipe ~ 1 Gray Dye per heart lost.
        • Prevention ~ Wearing Armor (% chance based on type/completeness of coverage/health remaining)
      • Desert Spider Poison ~ Acquired by getting hit by a spider in a desert biome.
        • Effects ~ Slower Attacks, slower movement.
        • Cure Recipe ~ Cactus Green and Wool
        • Prevention ~ Wearing armor. (% chance based on type/completeness of coverage/health remaining) Also 'Anti-Venom' possibility (provides protection for configurable amount of seconds.
      • Broken Leg ~ From falling, small chance for 3 blocks, greater for further distances
        • Effects ~ Lower max HP, Slower movement
        • Cure Recipe ~ Stick, Wool, String (Cobweb)
        • Prevention ~ Don't let yourself fall.
      • Rabies ~ From Wolf Bite.
        • Effects ~ Water causes damage if in contact. More susceptible to sunburn/heatstroke, health indicator may stop showing actual health, steadily lower max HP.
        • Cure Recipe ~ Cyan Dye
        • Prevention ~ Armor (% chance based on type/completeness of coverage/health remaining)
      • Creeper Death ~ From getting caught in an infected creeper explosion (Chance of any creeper that spawns being infected)
        • Effects ~
          • Early stages: Increased heal over time, all mobs but creepers avoid you, creepers love you special. (Increased aggro range)
          • Next Stage: HOT disappears, gradual health loss begins. Every so often the player will randomly detonate without warning (resulting in a return to spawn). Player cannot heal by any means.
          • Final Stage: Permanent health loss begins, even after death the player will respawn with fewer hearts, and cannot heal. Random detonations are still common, as well as now having a chance to detonate every time they take damage. When health completely degrades to zero permanent, Player detonates, 1-4 Infected creepers spawn on his location, and he's cured.
        • Cure Recipe ~ Water, Cactus Green Dye, Light Blue Dye.
        • Prevention ~ Don't get caught in a creeper explosion, also an alchemical mixture that provides you temporary immunity.
    • Plug-In Tie-Ins:
      • Bandages ~ The timer attached to healing from bandages could be applied to curing 'broken limbs' from falling.
      • Bookworm ~ Make a recipe book necessary for using Alchemy? A place to store them?
      • Runecraft ~ Perhaps magic could be needed to cure certain 'mystic' ailments.
      • ModDamage ~ Allow dynamic setting of illness/damage types by mob/source.
      • Angry Wolves ~ Set rates of Angry Wolves occuring with rabies, special damage on Hellhounds.
      • Hungry / PoisonFood ~ To make use of the Poisoned food elements for longer lasting effects, and perhaps starvation has effects other than just dying. (Loss of strength that fortifying dyes must be taken for.)
      • Broken Knuckles ~ Tie it in with 'hands broken without tool use'
      • WheatHeal ~ Perhaps tie in one way or the other with this.

2. Offline

krinsdeath

If I wasn't incredibly apprehensive about a project this large, I'd jump on this in an instant. It has a ton of ideas that just make me giddy inside.

I had the idea of foods that cause sickness (in the form of tick-damage) for my health manager plugin, as well as the ability to cure said "illness" with other items (blocks, food, etc), but haven't yet started on it.

This fits perfectly with the ~theme~ of a health manager plugin, too.

If only I wasn't awful at Java.

3. Well, I'm trying to learn Java myself, maybe some day in the near future I can start working on it m'self.

4. Offline

Kitteh

This is possibly the most well thought and well laid out plugin request i've seen. I started this plugin a while ago but got side tracked. I'd be willing to pick it back up again I know @m5k had some brilliant ideas to help with it.

5. Thank you very much.. I can't code (yet, learning), but I can sure as hell lay out ideas for systems.

Also I'll be adding to the original request, fleshing out ideas and possibilities.

New disease idea added.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  6. bump. >.> That is all.