[REQ] resource gathering

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Mathias Eklund, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Offline

Mathias Eklund

Plugin Category: RP

Suggested plugin name: idk :)

So what i'd like to see in this plugin is:

• Trees have life! And every 5 or so "damage" dealt to it will make it drop a log/plank/stick. (just an example)
    Logs will drop from jungle biome trees, those trees take less damage and is harder to chop down (more health).
    Planks will drop from big trees, and should have medium health, easy to chop down. But not top easy.
    Sticks will drop from small trees, those trees are the easiest ones to chop down.

• Logs don't dissapear when chopping down the tree untill all "life" is gone on it, then it all dissapears. And after awhile a new tree pops up, it should be the same.

• it should take sometime to chop down the trees! If a tree is 6block high for an example, it should drop sticks/planks or logs around 10-13 times. (example)

• Trees should be chopable with swords aswell, if the swords are made of iron+. (example)

• It shouldn't have any permissions but it should have a OP command. /t r. (example). Which will remove the tree and it wont grow back again.

Added • same with ores, they should only be mineable with a pickaxe, and they work the same as trees. They have life, and when you "pick" it it will give you a iron ore after some time, same with gold and diamond.

Thats about everything i can come up with at the moment, abit tired cause it's 6am :) but if something ive forgot pops up, ill edit the thread and put it in.

If anything is typed strange, feel free to ask me about it ^^

Hope someone makes this plugin cause i really need it for a project im working on. And my coding aint that great ...

2. Offline

Hoolean

Neat idea :D

3. Offline

Mathias Eklund

You can make it? it's fkn important really need it..

4. Offline

Ar7ific1al

I saw your post earlier last night and started thinking about how a plugin like this might be able to function, and I greatly enjoy RPG plugins that do things like this. I also am greatly interested in hosting my own RPG server with custom plugins.

So, for the past maybe 2.5 hours, I've begun working on a plugin sort of like what you want. It might not be exactly what you want/are looking for, but I'm working on something like it. I'm a bit of a novice at Java and Bukkit dev, as well as programming in general (currently in college for a degree in game software development), but I'm learning, and the plugin is doing nicely so far, if I do say so myself.

I created a project page for it on Bukkit Dev, located here: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/resourceful/
    You can keep up with the progress there. Please keep in mind I'm not doing this explicitly for you; I'm doing it more to my tastes, wants and interests. However, it does semi fit in with what you've described, so you may or may not like to keep up with the project. :)

5. Offline

Mathias Eklund

thats a good start, but the ores should be able to be mined alot longer before it disapears, id say around 12-14 ore drops before it dissapears. same with the trees, trees! add trees!
    and if you wanna talk to me more privately, add me on skype or steam
    steam: markry23

6. Offline

Ar7ific1al

I'm going to be making the drops and drop chances for each ore configurable, so I suppose it really would make sense to allow the number of times the ore can be mined configurable, as well. It'll be quite a challenge for me to overcome that with the way I have it setup right now, but I might be able to give it a shot. Or if it would be better, I could randomize the number of drops for each time you mine the block. For example, the way it works now, is it generates a number, and if that number is between x and y, it drops an item accordingly. I can generate a second random number which will determine how many of x item are dropped. So for example, if it generates a number between 1 and 30, drop 3 coal instead of one, etc.