[REQ]rename Item (-Tooltip) per player

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by MG127, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Offline

MG127

it would be good for RP to change the (mouseover-)text from the potions (permissions based, per user/group) and only show "unknown potion" or something like this
    maybe its possible to do this with spout, dunno
    and i think it has to do with packet filtering, where i have no clue from

since potions are only in the next release, any other item would do the same :)

spout has this feature on the loooong todo list at most bottom, they said that they will only implement it if someone will make a pull-request

2. Offline

Legendary Fox

3. Offline

MG127

ok, maybe this can be used more generaly
    ... remove/replace text from any items per player (a simple list would be ok)

4. Offline

Unset

I don't know exactly how potions work but they got a certain data value, a number which gives the special effect.
    My Idea is that when you craft a potion, that number will be the outcome +13, so the potion will actually carry the wrong information. When the user drinks the potion, the data value will be -13, and the potion will be correct, and effects will be applied
    Also when you place a potion in a brewing stand, it will -13 and get the right data value again.

5. Offline

MG127

updated discription, maybe someone want to try it now?

6. Offline

Twebby95

I like the idea :) hope it gets made because i would use this plugin.

7. Offline

Epicgoblin

AFAIK, item tooltips are set in the en_US.lang file in the client's minecraft.jar file, so not really possible in bukkit. Not sure about spout though...

8. Offline

MG127

spout has already a renaming api for items, but it's only global and not player spezific. but it is possible.