[REQ] Realistic Terrain Generator

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by MG127, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Offline

MG127

im looking for a terraingenerator that generates the map based on region size not chunk size to have more options for generating lager continents and seas on the fly.

expected features:
    • larger continents and seas
    • deeper seas
    • larger biome (plains, mountains, etc)
    • on the fly generating
    • default ore-distribution
    • default dungeons and caves
    • still freaky looking original mountains and some more natural ones and totaly plain islands in one map
    optional features:
    • small and large rivers
    • snow in mountains
    • additional biome: Vulcano-landscape (with mainly sand and cobble)
    • additional biome: excavation-site (valley below sealevel)
    • simmulating continental drift for the creation of mountains and seas and earth/stone layers

2. Offline

escape

3. Offline

MG127

its nice, yep but it is still based on generating chunks and doesnt support my most important feature i want: larger seas and continents

4. Offline

codename_B

5. Offline

ledhead900

BiomeTerrainMod < http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/not-quite-a-plugin-but-all-the-same-biometerrainmod.1156/

Manually adjust any value of terrain geneartation and even custom Map spawns like tree shapes and builds to appear as chunks expand this is also a constant on mod that will even generate apply those settings as new chunks are generated.

I'ts overlooked SOOO many times but I have used it since the early alpha days. It is what orgionally made Sphere and ocean maps and randomly cool hangings possible in the past.

6. Offline

MG127

i knew about the btm but its like every other terraingen, you have adjust some functions like perlin and fractal, but i didn't find anything for creating larger continents with larger seas and the default randomness for terrain-types

ive played around with the phoenix mod, but didn't get 100% what i wanted, but its a good start, i already asked for additional options for island/continent and sea/lake size, but what i recognized is that the randomness is a bit missing, optimal would it be to have a distribution of terrain-types among all continents with a certain % chance to appear. like one island is a bit hilly, on the continent beside is a large area plain and a small area a high mountain.

the bananapic2map mod is ok, but you have no chance to create overhanging clifs