[REQ] Random Number Generator (Dice) w/ permission nodes

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Brazzled, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Offline

Brazzled

Does anyone know a Random Number Generator ( AKA a Dice) with permission nodes. I have requested permission nodes on the ERoll plugin, but that was a while back, and the author has not yet responded.

If there is not a suitable plugin, would someone be able to create it. It seems quite easy, with the commands being: /roll 1 200. That would roll a number from 1 to 200.

Thanks, Brazzled.

2. Offline

Belf

Yeah it's really simple, i can make it if you want, but the permission is just for the /roll command ?
    And how the result should be displayed ?

3. LOL...
    Get it and be happy... Uses permissionsBukkit (superPerms).
    Licensed under the GPLv3, sources included in the jar...
    Not tested at all... :p
    //EDIT: And I packed it wrong, change the extension from zip to jar... ;)

4. Offline

Brazzled

Yeah, thats right with the permission.

Would you be able to publish the results in Local Chat, or what ever you need to make it appear to only people within 20 blocks, like local chat in HeroChat.

5. What's wrong with V10Dice?
    I could reduce the message distance there if you like...

6. Offline

Brazzled

oh i didnt see that sorry, ill look now

7. @Brazzled: Here is a version which sends the output only to players in a range of 20 blocks around the command executor. It is a bit hackish because I want to keep this plugin under 50 lines of code (The first version had 49 lines, this one has 48 :D) and I couldn't test it so I hope it works...
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PQLS9YZI

8. Offline

Brazzled

Do you support permissions 2.0?

9. No, it supports permissionsBukkit aka superPerms.

10. Offline

Brazzled

Would you mind supporting Perms 2.0? Or Perms 2.x.

11. No, because in my eyes permissionsBukkit is the system of the feature and will make permissionx x.x obsolete, soon. Also (if I'm not totally wrong as I don't use any permissions system for myself) there are plugin available which bridge permissionsBukkit and permissions x.x together.

12. Offline

Brazzled

Ok, just so you and others know, I dont really have a clue what your on about. This is a plugin request for a server I play on.

Whats the plugin that bridges them both together?

And lastely, do you know anyone who could make this plugin but use Perms 2.0/2.x?

13. If you want a exclusive plugin that does exactly what you want (so uses Perms 2.X, for example) pay me. I do this in my sparetime and just for fun so I write this as I want and I don't want to read me in Permissions only to implement that dying feature into this.
    I don't know which plugin bridges, search for superPerms bridge or something like that. As I sayed: I won't learn how exactly permissions work just because of this plugin/you.
    //EDIT: Sorry if that text sounds more agressive than it should, all I wanted to say is: I'm developing/maintaining this for fun/learning purposes (and of course to make you happy, that could be the reason why I'm overreacting...). That means you can be sure that this plugin won't die (even if I would abadone this it's still open sourced, so any dev could pick it up) but it also means you have to live with issues like the permissionsBukkit != permissionx 2.X thing. If you want me to develop a plugin which does exactly what you want I have no reason to develop it so you would have to pay me, if you would do so it would mean all rights belong to you (so you could even take the right to develop anything based on this from me if you like) but... well... it wouldn't be clear that the plugin would live long. For updates you would have to hire another dev (as I sayed: The sources would belong to you) or pay me again... But... well... I never developed a plugin exclusively before so... I think we could make an arrangement like: You pay X and for that I'll maintain this plugins for a half/one/two/... years... I hope you understand as I drunk a bit... ^^
    But I think if you read about the permissions systems/issues/possibilities you'll find a way to use permissionsBukkit (direct or bridged) and... you would be happy... :)

Supersam654 likes this.
  14. Offline

Brazzled

Ok, well thanks for you help. Since the server isnt owned by me, or am I co-owner of any sort, I am not incharge of plugin management, but thanks for your time.

15. Hmm, I hope the server admins will get this working. :)

16. Offline

Supersam654

I would also just like to add to this that all permissions managers that do not support SuperPerms are officially inactive (Permisions 2.x/3.x and GroupManager). With that said, I completely agree with @V10lator 's decision to not write a plugin for inactive plugins.

V10lator likes this.