[REQ] PVP/Bounty plugin [FORMATTED]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by AndyFox42, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Offline

AndyFox42

Greetings, I am seeking a plugin developer to make a custom PVP/Bounty plugin for my server, Minecraft Badlands

We have some very specific needs. If you are able to create a plugin that offers us exactly what we need, we will make a donation to your cause. We will also need it to be updated in the future if any changes to MC break it.

Plugin category: PVP / Bounty

Suggested name: BadlandsBounty

A bit about us: We are a large, multiworld server. We currently offer a variety of play types including an SMP world, a creative world, a skylands world, a hardcore pvp world which we are looking to eliminate by having this plugin made, and nether/the end maps. Our home page is at MCBadlands.com.

What we want:
    1. Players can toggle PVP on or off with a command, ie /pvp on /pvp off

2. Once toggled on, players can not toggle pvp off for a length of time defined in the config file (in other words, once it's on you're stuck with it on till the time is up, and we want to set that time in a config file.)

3. If a players logs out with pvp enabled, the timer mentioned above should be restarted when they log back in. In other words, you have pvp on for the full duration in the config if you log out while it's on. The goal is to discourage logging out when you're about to lose.

4. There should be a place in the config that we can list commands that can not be used within a certain amount of time of having hit or damaged another player or having been hit/damaged by someone. In other words, if I walk up and punch somebody or shoot them with an arrow, I can't do /home or /warp for a predetermined length of time after that. The same holds true if I sneak up on somebody and attack. This way I can't get into a fight then warp away to escape if I'm dying, and they can't run away from me with commands if I am the aggressor.

5. Players should be able to set bounties on one another within the following parameters:

6. Each player can set one bounty per day (24 hour period.) This helps prevent abuse/exploitation. Also, a player can only have a bounty set against them once per day as well so the same person won't be killed repeatedly leading to frustration.

7. When a bounty is posted, there should be an announcement to the entire server, something like "PlayerX just placed a $25,000 bounty on PlayerY!"

8. There should be a minimum amount of money per bounty, to be set in the config file ie at least 10k. The money for the bounty is paid by the person listing it, and comes out of their iconomy 6 balance at the time they set the bounty.

9. The bounty target has PVP force enabled when the bounty is placed on them. The person that posted the bounty has their pvp force enabled as well. The duration of the bounty should be configurable in the config file.

10. The person placing the bounty can't kill the target. This prevents exploitation, meaning you cant place a bounty on someone next to you that has pvp off just as a means of killing them and stealing their stuff.

11. If the target lives for the length of time set in the config file (as mentioned in #9 above) with a bounty on them, the bounty is called off and they get the money that would have gone to the person that killed them. This way, it's possible for the person who posted the bounty to have their plans backfire, and they end up giving money to the person they tried to have killed.

12. This should work on Minecraft version 1.2 We are presently getting ready to update our server using a dev build of Bukkit.

13. Our server runs Towny, which has regions defined as having PVP on or off. This plugin should be able to supercede towny region pvp settings.

Ideas for commands:
    /pvp on
    /pvp off
    /bounty set [name] [ammount]
    /bounty list (shows all active bounties on the server)

Ideas for permissions: Permission to enable toggling pvp and posting bounties, a permissions which renders players exempt from having bounties posted on them if true, and a permission to access the bounty list.

When I'd like it by: ASAP, as we plan to roll out our 1.2 server changes over the next few days and this will be an integral piece.

Similar plugin requests: None.

Devs who might be interested in this: I'm afraid I don't know

PLEASE contact me if you are interested. We are very serious about this project, and want to implement it ASAP. This plugin has the potential to be extremely popular. We would happily serve as your demo server if you wished to release the plugin publically. As stated, we are a big server and we are highly active, so you would get lots of exposure. We can make some videos demonstrating the plugin features as well, which you could include on your plugin release page if desired. Our only request is that the plugin name somehow include our name which is "Badlands." Maybe BadlandsBounty or something like that?

Thanks!!!

2. Offline

kahlilnc

This violates the fifth rule. If you are going to offer money do it privately and not via open topic or post.

3. Offline

AndyFox42

I saw that just as you posted, and am removing the offending language from the post. Sorry for not checking first. It looks like it's within the confines of the rules now.

4. Offline

AndyFox42

Any interest in this at all? I don't wanna sound desperate but... well... I'm kinda desperate ><

5. Offline

K_Cin

Take a look at this one. I'll be finished soon with the latest update (which adds a lot of functions).