[REQ] - Player to Player Trade System

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by The24man, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Offline

The24man

Heres the idea:
    A plugin where when you right-click on a person, an inventory-like trading screen appears. Players would be able to offer up the items, then each would accept it.
    If someone does decide to make this, iConomy support would be greatly appreciated.

If this is too hard to make, or is just not possible right now, thanks anyway.

2. Offline

barghest

A very cool idea, it'd be just like Diablo 2 trading, but inventory screens in Minecraft are actually pictures of the items, laid over a static image of an inventory grid with the word "Inventory" in the corner. To make this work at all well, you'd need some kind of client mod.

EDIT: Client mods, I suppose I should point out, are totally outside the scope of Bukkit.

Although I suppose maybe you could somehow simulate a double chest interface, and have like... the left half be your inventory and the right half be theirs... maybe with two columns of obsidian down the center or something, just to draw a divider. (Of course I'm not sure you could prevent the player from picking up that obsidian if you drew it in the fake chest.)

3. Offline

The24man

Ok, well thanks anyway.

4. Offline

Edward Hand

Almost right...
    The word 'Inventory' isn't part of the image. It's not even client side. Although nobody seems to have realised yet, you actually set the name yourself using cratbukkit.

5. Offline

barghest

Heh. After you posted that, I did have to go and check. Looks like I was talking out of my... inventory.

(I did think that I'd looked at the image and seen words on it before, but I was obviously incorrect, I opened it just a minute ago and none of the inventory interfaces have words.)

CBukkit actually sets the word? So if I wanted it to say "Your INVENTORY, Master William" (for my upcoming, fictional Fresh Prince total conversion mod for Minecraft) - CraftBukkit could force it to?

6. Offline

Edward Hand

I think the text used to be part of the images. The new way of doing things came with serverside inventory in the beta update.

I may have painted a slightly overoptimistic picture of how easy it is to change it. First, I believe player inventory text might be defined on the client still. Chests, dispenses, workbenches and like though are server-controlled. Second, while doable, its not quite as easy as just setting a variable. Its a slightly move involved process.