[REQ] Physics plugin (gravity?)

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Shadus, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Offline

Shadus

I'd like to see a robust general physics plugin. Not necessarily realistic physics but more INTERESTING physics.

• Fluids - ( Similar to: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/realfluids.5345/ ), but I'd like to see it even more robust yet. Maybe recruit the author onto a team for designing a full physics plugin or get perms from him to use some of his code to shorten development time?
    • Gravity - Example being: Detach a bridge on both sides of a valley and it will crumble into the valley below.... no more building floating objects without some additional mechanism to keep it airborne. Maybe have anti-gravity blocks? (sponges? light stone?)
    • Magnetism - Push and Pull magnets and metal... would allow for some neat effects if you could control the strength of the push and pull. Maybe have it effect the diamond armor/blocks/items in interesting ways... makes it hover (it is carbon after all... just have to fudge the subzero temps ^_^) Think maglev or a magnetic lift.
    • Inertia/Friction - Ability to define an object with a level of friction... 0 friction would slide, negative friction would increase speed, and positive would slow you down.
    Just some ideas that I'd like to see as a plugin.

2. Offline

MisanthropX

3. Offline

Shadus

Piston mod isn't magnetism at all, although I am all for piston mod making it into minecraft proper!
    Cave in is a cool mod but isn't nearly what global magnetism could/should be. Good example though on a limited scale.

As far as friction goes, I don't recall seeing anything like that.

*Dreams*

4. Offline

MisanthropX