[REQ] Permissions per Region

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by andreblue, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Offline

andreblue

Would it be possible to have a way to use world guard regions where when in certain ones you have different permissions. Like a place to fly around, where you would be exempt from being able not to fly using nocheat, it would make you have the nocheat node that allows flying.
    Or allow you to use /i from command book.
    If it would work with world guard that would be the best

Thanks for reading,
    andre

2. Offline

andreblue

Is this even possible?

3. Offline

andreblue

i really need something for this

4. Offline

globus243

i'm also locking for somesting like this please help

5. Offline

Hretsam

Its possible, but i dont think anyone will put the effort in this to make it.

6. Offline

dak393

Ok well WorldGuard gives you the option of enabling and disabling commands in regions but for permissions nodes I don't think its possible yet as it would require a permissions reload every time :/

7. Offline

Hretsam

Its possible, but like you said, you need to reload permissions every time. (or make an alter version of it)
    However, if the permission system of CraftBukkit gets fully functional they can use that, and would make it a lot more easy to make.

8. Offline

dak393

Yep but for now reloading permissions every time a player enters/leaves a region will slow your server down a lot making it unplayable if someone moves back and forth. Possibly set up a limit on the number of reloads per amount of ticks but still its kind of over the top. (remember there are per world permissions and per region commands I'm sure you can find some solution in the mean time.)

9. Offline

gameswereus

If someone is thinking about supporting this, please consider supporting Regios!

10. Offline

Gallion

I was looking for this as an alternative to MultiVerse.

Maybe that like the permissions plugins, there could be a region plugin other plugins could hook into?

11. Offline

drt

hey guys! i suggested this to Adamki11s whos is the maker of regio's.
    he is recoding the whole plugin and has taken it on. so regio's will have the ability to edit a players perms when entering or exiting a region!! yay!!! he didnt realize how many people were looking for this.
    i have also requested a friend of mine who is working with sk9q who makes worldguard to suggest its implementation also. this is going to allow so much to the life of minecraft.

dont forget to ask devs to continue support for independent permissions plugins such as permissions3.x/pex/groupmanager. if they dont we will need to use the builtin superperms..(witch by name is arrogant) and that would slow development of cool ideas.. we wouldnt be able to have as many roads to study a possiblke function on. waiting for bukkit to make a test possible rather doing it with an already capable perms plugin sounds stupid to me.

thank Adamk1lls :) https://github.com/Adamki11s/Regios/issues/70

the milestone tab shows his progress of the entire recode, this guy is working quick XD