[REQ] Penalty for Disconnecting ALOT.

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by BioRage, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Offline

BioRage

Alright now, let's see how I can make this as clear as grassy ice.

Story:
    I run levelcraft, and a hunger system on my server, and lately, 99.99% of user's immediately log off when it hits night time, and play after night is up. Which defeat's the purpose of survival, and the hunger system as well, making it a "Mechanic" that is in other words "ABUSIVE!"

Obviously I can't do much about it, and well as much as it make's sense, I personally hate it, and can't enforce user's to not "log out" on purpose to avoid night time...

This is where the smart bukkit developer's come in!

Solution:
    1. IF POSSIBLE:
    When night time triggers, if user disconnects, they get punished (Temporary kick / ban for intervals [x minutes]

2. If above is NOT possible, than. Well, than I don't know. Is there a way it can be coded directly, as seeing a user's pattern, if x connects and reconnects multiple times, they get a time out of a kick/ban for x minutes?

Essentially what I need is a way to prevent this from happening, However to me it currently seem's impossible, though nothing IS impossible... so they say.

In any case, thank you for taking your time to read this, and let me know what you think.

Cheers.

2. Offline

Samkio

Interesting ideas. Alternatively you could encourage people to stay online during night.
    Use plugins like MosnterHunt so people want night to come so they can earn some money. :)
    Just some ideas.

3. Offline

Wakko

Try looking for plug-ins to extend the night?
    Or lighten the survival load?
    Why not take input from the players on your server?
    Run a server that your players like to play, not just log on to. :)

4. Offline

BioRage

There are incentives, I suppose you could say, mainly you would be mining, however, our monsters do drop a large sum of gold, and on top of that you get paid to play basis based on iConomy money!

Thanks for the two suggestions however :), I will take another look @ MH though.

5. Offline

BioRage

Bump.

6. Offline

Minecraft93

ok ill try and create something like this. Ill have to do some asking around on how to make the plugin watch how many times a player connects/deconnects. lol all i know its something to do with the java scheduler.

7. Offline

BioRage

Greatly Apperciate it @Minecraft93

Thanks, I look forward to talking with you :)

8. Offline

BioRage

9. Offline

Celeo

I would by happy to try my hand at doing such a thing for you if Minecraft93 is not helping you. If he is, then I'm happy to help. I.e. You (Minecraft93) could use PlayerJoinEvent and PlayerQuitEvent to count how many times a player is logging in/out.

10. Offline

Minecraft93

yep i have the basic idea. its just my issue of how to use a hashmap to count the ammount of enter/exit from server.