[REQ] Pay To Place - Vault hooked price per block placement plugin.

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by tremor, Apr 10, 2012.

?

Do you think this is a good plugin idea?

1. Yes

80.0%
  2. No

20.0%
  3. It's already been made.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Offline

tremor

Initially I was thinking that I wanted a plugin that would charge just for using a lava bucket. My server is a pvp/survival/grief allowed server... however players go a little nuts with the lava and it causes severe lag. I disabled lava buckets.. much rage and QQ. So i'm thinking if there was a cost per lava placement it would make a nice middle ground.

Then I got to thinking, this would also make for a great plugin for other style servers. RPG's, survival/no grief's with economies, etc... make a plugin where any number if blocks or items can be configured with an optional placement or usage cost.

Example config:
    Code:
    pay-to-place:
    # - item ID
    #     - cost1:
    #     - cost2:
    #     - cost3:
    # Example with stonebrick using additional sub value
     - 98:2  
       -cost1: 50
       -cost2: 25
       -cost3: 0
     - lava:
       -cost1: 5000
       -cost2: 2500
       -cost3: 1000

The various cost levels 1-3 could be permissions to allow for people to have different costs based on their permission. Such as

paytoplace.cost1
    paytoplace.cost2
    paytoplace.cost3

2. Offline

Mitsugaru

Actually have something in progress like this...

Except it also goes for many other events/interactions.

EDIT: I've been told that it's already been done (not surprising), but I couldn't find it... Maybe you'll have better luck finding it?

3. Offline

tremor

I haven't found anything like it and encourage you to continue your work. One of these days I will pick up a JAVA pen and dabble, but it won't be anytime soon.

4. Offline

Orcem12

I'll do it, couldn't be that hard right? I'll add this to my "todo" list.
    1. Mute plugin
    2. Pay per Place

5. Offline

tremor

I still can't find anything like this and I've been searching. I think it would be pretty simple to do. Get the block place event, check if the block they are placing is on the pay to place list, check their permission.. charge via vault to whatever economy plugin they are using accordingly.. deny block placement if they do not have enough money.

6. Offline

Mitsugaru

It is fairly simple, but its a lot of variables... at least how I'm doing it as I'm supporting a wide range of events, not just placement. I mean, if I was doing JUST placement, I would have been done yesterday.

Not to mention, you sorta need 2 listeners for cancelable events:
    1) One on lowest priority to determine if we need to cancel the event based on lack of funds (or on daily limit, which I'm adding).
    2) One on monitor so that we don't charge them if the event was cancelled by another plugin or by our first listener. Doesn't make sense to give/take money from the player if their action didn't go through at all.

I'm going for something that is highly flexible and applies to as many player events as possible.
    If you want a sense of my direction and current progress, you can check the repository here: https://github.com/Mitsugaru/Karmiconomy
    I'm shooting to make an alpha available sometime today, hopefully.

7. Offline

tremor

Sounds good.. i don't know much about JAVA or Bukkit, I'm just a PHP web developer... I'm looking at trying my hand in JAVA because of Minecraft though. Thinking about it now, ya you have to account for WorldGuard Blacklist and other plugins that might cancel a block place event separate from just lack of funds.. and any other number of interactions.

8. Offline

Mitsugaru

Here's the alpha version. Should do everything you ask for and much more.

Project page: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/karmiconomy/
    GitHub download: https://github.com/Mitsugaru/Karmiconomy/downloads
    Its been accepted, so you can grab it from the BukkitDev page.