[REQ] On-Server-Start Timed LockDown

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by tremor, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Offline

tremor

My server has a huge problem. Whenever I start up or restart the server, it runs at extremely HIGH CPU (sometimes over 200%) -- And players begin to join immediately.. and the CPU never gets a chance to drop down to an acceptable level.. after a bit of time, due to the high load, my VPS server that I'm hosting on, just goes into frozen mode, I have to request a power cycle from the provider.

However, if I no one joins for about 5 minutes the server settles down into a manageable mode.

I'm requesting a plugin that does not allow players to join the server after STARTUP for a configurable period of time. Additionally a command to lock out players would also be nice.

2. Offline

Zaros

3. Offline

tremor

I have a virtual private server, but ya I'd like to know why also.. and why for a few months my server ran fine then 1.8 comes along and its like it was when 1.5 came.. my performance has shit right out and i had to cut my slots in half. anyway - that plugin won't do, what I really need is for a plugin that will be on a timer after server start, and lockout players.. until the configured time elapses.. to give the program some time to get started up and cool down.

If anyone can tell my why in hell my CPU spikes so high I'd love to know.. I'm too poor to buy one of those big 16GB RAM & SSHD servers ---

4. Offline

Zaros

You really might want to try and talk your host company. I have a VPS with 2 gigs of RAM and I've never had an issue. Also, check your plugins. Try loading without plugins.

5. Offline

tremor

I've tried w/o plugins.. the only time I get a decent CPU load is with Vanilla Minecraft... Bukkit just seems to go nutz, especially with the loaded chunks and entities. 2000+ in each category according to the /gc command from essentials.

6. Offline

Zaros

Try redownloading cb or switching up to a rb if you are not already at one