[REQ] Npc Promotion

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Shad, May 10, 2011.

1. Offline

Shad

I couldn't really think of a better name but here we go:

Since no one is porting Craftizens (as I know of) I really enjoyed the feature where if you finished a quest the quest reward could change your group, thus ranking you up or demoting you. I would like something similar involving permissions as this would be very helpful to our server! It would allow admins not to manually promote players but instead allow players to rank up on their own free time via these npcs. I would also like it to cost money to rank up and cost items. Either, or, or both. Thanks :)

If anyone can do this, and get it working, I will happily donate to you because it will be such a big help to our server!

Thanks again :)

2. Offline

stoneLeaf

In which NPC/Quest plugin would you like it to hook in ?

3. Offline

Shad

I don't really care what plugin it hooks into, it can be a stand alone plugin for all I care. But I guess I would like it to hook into uQuest so they npcs could give quests along with give promotions. I was told it's easy to hook into uQuest, so I believe it's possible.

4. Offline

vaiquero

So uQuest has a simple API? In that case I can think of doing it. My server needs it as well, so it will benefit for the both of us =).

5. Offline

Shad

6. Offline

QuestCraft

I suggest you hook it to citizens when quests come out.

7. Offline

Shad

Citizens could be good too, again I don't really care what it hooks into or if it's a stand alone plugin, as long as it does what's supposed to do I'm good.

I got thing that may help people hook into uQuest (if that's what they want to do)

http://hawox.wikispaces.com/++How+To+Use+the+API

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2016
  8. Offline

Shad

I would like to see if anyone has looked into making this or wants to.

9. Offline

Shad

Anyone else still interested?

Also, you can make this a stand alone plugin or hook it into any existing plugins if you want :p

10. Offline

Shad

Anyone? D:

Idea:

This could make the plugin easier to make and more useful.

You can spawn npc and have it be what ever name you want it to be.

Then you can assign a command to an NPC so every time the NPC is clicked, the command is executed.

Also the NPC will charge for commands in iConomy money and/or items. I would like it so you can use both if you want.

11. Offline

Xemnas33

It's coming in Citizens.

12. Offline

Shad

Sweet, do you know when it's coming?

13. Offline

Xemnas33

V1.0.9 But it has no eta

14. Offline

Shad

Damn :/