[REQ] Nominate Players for Rank Promotion

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by fysics, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Offline

fysics

Alright. This one seems like it could be really simple, or you could go all out.

Barebones:
    • Allow users with the specified permission node to easily nominate a user for a promotion, such as /nom playername.
    • Once a player is nominated, they may be promoted to the next rank by a player with the correct permission node. /promote is already used by Permissions I think, so you might have to get creative here. (The method for executing the promotion should be compatible with Permissions or GroupManager, depending on what's installed.)
    • Allow promotion after a specified number of nominations, instead of just one.
    • Reset the nomination back to zero after being promoted.
    • If Player1 nominated Player2, he can't also be the one to execute the promotion.
    • Allow users (with the proper permissions) to deny a promotion and reset their nominations.
    If you want to go all out:
    • Allow multiple levels of promotion, and different requirements/permissions for each (of course, configurability is always a plus).
      • e.g. Being promoted from Rank1 to Rank2 requires two nominations from players of Rank2 or higher, after which a player of Rank3 or higher will be permitted to promote you.
      • e.g. Being promoted from Rank2 to Rank3 requires four nominations from players of Rank3 or higher, after which a player of Rank4 or higher will be able to promote you.
      • and so on.
    • Allow exemptions from the nomination requirement in certain, configurable cases.
      • e.g. Players of Rank4 can promote players from Rank1 to Rank2 without the player having the two required nominations. However, Players of Rank4 will still have to wait for a player of Rank2 to achieve 4 nominations before being able to promote them to Rank3.
    • Notifying players who are able to promote others upon a players eligibility for promotion.
      • e.g. once a player of Rank2 gets his 4 nominations, notify players of Rank4 and up that he is eligible for promotion.
    • Notify players upon logging in of players who are eligible for promotion.
      • e.g. If I was of Rank3, I would be told that there are X players awaiting promotion, and could conjure this list of these players with a command. The command would show me all players of Rank1 who have 2 or more nominations.
      • e.g. If I was of Rank4, it would show me all players of Rank2 with 4 or more nominations, as well as players of Rank1 with 2 or more nominations (even though I could promote them with or without the nominations).
    • Allow users to submit a structure for consideration for promotion (if enabled in configuration).
      • e.g. A player receives his needed nominations, but needs to show the person considering him for promotion a structure as proof of eligibility.
      • The "structure" would essentially be a warp. The only users who can use the warp are the players who are able to promote the user. The warp is removed after the promotion is executed or denied.
    • Tell a user if he becomes eligible for promotion, and provide him with further instruction (such as submitting a structure for review).
    If something here doesn't make sense, let me know, and I can try to clarify.