[REQ][MECH][Spout?] Stickyblocks

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by mikeyagoto, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Offline

mikeyagoto

Plugin category: MECH

Suggested name: Stickyblocks

A bit about me: I'm a minecraft player who often comes up with (what I think are) good ideas for mincraft but doesn't have the skills to do them myself.

What I want: The idea is quite simple, however the development may be hard. I want to glue blocks together. The purpose is that, if one block moves all that are glued together moves, all of the glued blocks move. Perhaps you could use a slime ball on a block and it becomes "sticky" and if you place another block by it they stick (it doesn't glue the block to any blocks it was touching before the slime was placed.) then you could use sand on a block to remove the glue from sticking to new blocks.

also a separate but connected idea, is it possible to increase the amount of blocks a piston can push in a bukkit plugin? humm idk.

The purpose here is to create objects that can be manipulated by pistons more effectively, and also structures that could move on their own using piston engines! (it would prolly be very resource intensive)

Ideas for commands: Hopefully not required? I'm not sure if like a /sticky apply then click on a block and it becomes sticky like if a slime ball was hit, and /sticky remove removes they sticky, and perhaps a /sticky glue then hit the two blocks you want to glue?

Ideas for permissions: default:True player.canglue

Willing to pay up to: I dont have much money, but if that is required for interest perhaps some?

When I'd like it by: Whenever its just and idea I had?

Similar plugin requests: Well the idea came from movecraft and Autocraft where the blocks were all connected and moved together, although I have no idea how it works... so i dont know if its even applicable.

Devs who might be interested in this: no idea... haha

Sorry for the double post, but is this even possible? I would like to know if I should follow this farther?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2016
  2. Offline

ruben381

I had the same Idea, but I think it's be more of a mod rather than a plugin.

3. Offline

mikeyagoto

ok, just wondering, what do you think makes it unable to be done as a plugin? I'm not a developer so I want opinions.

4. Offline

dbizzzle

@mikeyagoto The sticky part would be easy, not sure about the piston part, haven't worked with them.

I know @hammale has worked with pistons before, you might want to see if he is interested/if it's possible.

5. Offline

mikeyagoto

@dbizzzle what would be the application/proof that they were sticky if not for pistons? that's the only thing I could really think of.

6. Offline

dbizzzle

@mikeyagoto Uhm, they are floating? Oh you mean for blocks other than sand/gravel...

7. Offline

mikeyagoto

yeh, but that makes sense too :)

8. Offline

hammale

lol now ur pulling me into this :D i HATE pistons with a PASSION after pistons+ :D so ur idea pretty much boils to being able to pull multiple blocks w/ sticky pistons rite?

9. Offline

dbizzzle

@hammale ahah sorry, your name just came to mind when I thought about pistons :p I remember I was interested in some piston request but you came and gobbled it up :p

10. Offline

hammale

o wait....o god it is even more complicated! this sounds liek a plugin ive heard of before..wat was the name???? WAT WAS THE NAME??? o wait its all becoming clear now, MOVECRAFT :D u may actually be able to do a fair amount of those things w/ it....

o btw do u wanna take over pistons+? PLEASE TAKE IT OVER :D PLEASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEE!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

11. Offline

dbizzzle

@hammale I think I might pass on that one :p especially right before 1.0 xD

12. Offline

hammale

@dbizzzle lol i figured such :D sadly there just aint much i can do for ya here @mikeyagoto but definatly check out movecraft :D

13. Offline

mikeyagoto

yes, but the blocks wouldn't necessarily be directly in front of it, hence the glue idea

14. Offline

hammale

well movecraft lets u make ships and stuff...just take ur house and make it a "ship" :D

15. Offline

dbizzzle

@hammale Really, I think this would be a great feature for pistons+ :D haha just kidding :p

16. Offline

mikeyagoto

I've actually used autocraft (similar to movecraft) but this is a bit more... customizable ig? it would be really fun to discover the most effective engine and such, it would be great for my server!

I think its my love for redstone that makes me want this, BTW is it possible to stop redstone from breaking on move?