[Req] Marketplace for Website

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by scar413, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Offline

scar413

hey guys,
    i just want to write my plugin idea down and pray that someone is picking it up.

The Marketplace
    similiar to the plugin iAuction (not directly what i'm looking for), the players can put items they have, on a marketplace (non existend ingame) so that other players can buy it. currency would be iconomy or essentialseco of course .
    what i'm now looking for is, a way to show the marketplace on a website with all necessary informations, like item, amount, price, seller and ingamecomand/id to buy.
    a readable text file or even mysql could be the source to show it to a website.

how i think it should work...
    -someone wants to sell someting in there inventory, for example, 32 x coal for 100 points
    -he puts it in the marketplace with /mp coal 32 100 (/mp <item> <amount> <price>
    -now its in the marketplace and got removed from players inventory
    -merge the offer to one single #id (to make it easy to buy later)
    -the marketplace database has now stored the relevant data and is readable for the website

//this part is not important, because i think i can handle it myself
    -all player offerings are listed on the website with informations (item, amount, price, seller and ingamecomand/id to buy)
    //

-other players can now buy it with the command /mp buy <id>
    -buyer gets the items and his points are transferd to the seller
    -the offer is now marked as "sold" (just to tell the website that its not available anymore)
    -everyone is happy

i dont know if there is a good way to tell the seller, that his offer is sold when he is not online. something like a short message, when he comes only that tells him like "your xy is sold" would be awesome, but i dont know if this is possible.

i'm not a big fan of complicated user-commands. i always look for ways to avoid as many as possible, to not confuse the player and smash them with thousand possible commands. for example, the command to add something to the marketplace, can be shorter, if the player puts the items he wants to sell (32x coal) just in his hands, and typed in /mp <points>. that would be much more userfriendly. thats also the reason to put the whole offer into one id. its simpler then, for example, write /mp buy player item (price(=if there are identical offers from the same user)).

the reason why i want to put it on a website is simple, i hate the ingame list formats. they are confusing, hard to read, and not userfriendly when they are blown up with content.

so, i hope someone out there thinks this is a good idea.
    i'm also willing to donate, to compensate required porgramming time.