[REQ] MagicSpells friendly fire FIX

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by worstboy32, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Offline

worstboy32

Plugin category: FUN/FIX

Suggested name: damagecheck

A bit about me and the server: Running minecraft servers for almost 2 years.
    I'm currently the owner of FantasyWar community.
    It's been in the top 50 servers but recently it's a little worse because of attacks etc etc.
    I'm from the Netherlands so that explains why the english is so shitty.
    I'm 20 years old and that's pretty much it.
    If you would like to know more about FantasyWar check out the website.
    Normally i'm not requesting plugins but our own coder is away for 2/3 months.

About the plugin:
    I'm having lots of issues with MagicSpells and GroupBasedPvP
    I have set up groups inside groupbasedpvp and this blocks players from attacking each other.
    But now magicspells have lots of area effects and spells that don't actually do damage but still annoy or might be able to kill the player.
    From MagicSpells they got no idea how to fix it but i might have a idea that will fix it.
    So it just need to be a custom spell for MagicSpells.
    If you never did this and still know java there is a tutorial that explain how to make it.
    But i never coded with java so i'm not gonna be able to make it.
    Think it's like a 10 minutes project it's just 1 class.
    For the tutorial and info check out this page: http://nisovin.com/magicspells/customspellcreation

About the spell:
    Alright so it need to be like when i cast a spell with aoe radius and i set it to 10
    Then all players inside a circle with a radius of 10 will be targeted and they will be forced to run a spell.
    A spell like this is AreaSpell and ProjectileSpell.

Now normaly i would set it like a second spell of like launch player in air.
    It doesn't really damage the player so groupbasedpvp allow it.
    But they will still take damage because they fall and this is what it's suposed to do but not for team mates.
    So there need to be a spell that does 1 hearth damage to the player or if possible a damage type that don't actually damage the player but so GroupBasedPvP still see it as damage.
    Then if the player is damaged it will run another spell.
    But if the player don't get damaged it wont let him run the spell.
    This is how the spell config will look like:

example:
    spell-class: ".targeted.damagecheck"
    name: example
    description: Check if the player can be hit then continue else quit
    cancel-damage: true #Only if possible so groupbasedpvp still see it as damage
    target-players: true
    damage-amount: 1
    spells:
    - examplelaunchspell

Something like that.
    The cancel-damage option ony if you can make it so the player don't get hit but that groupbasedpvp still see it as damage so it still get denied
    The damage amount it the amount of hp to damage so 0.5 hearth.
    If cancel damage is true and damage-amount is set to 1 then it still ignore damage.
    Spells: is the spells to let the user cast if he get damaged.
    And if he don't get damaged he won't cast a second spells and the current spell will cancel.
    So nothing will happen.
    So when do something in a aoe radius and 20 players are inside it then it let 20 players run this spell and 20 players get check for pvp.

Ideas for commands:
    No commands needed it's just plugin inside magicspells so just the spell commands etc from magicspells should work.

Ideas for permissions:
    No permissions needed it's just plugin inside magicspells so just the spell permissions etc from magicspells should work.

Some other info:
    You can add worstboy32 on skype if you would like more info.

2. Offline

WarmakerT

Not needed anymore. Devs can ignore this request.