[REQ] King of the hill

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by evbot42, Dec 28, 2011.

?

does this sound like a good idea?

1. yes

66.7%
  2. no

33.3%
  3. if done right

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ould never use

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Offline

evbot42

hey all,
    i have looked around a bit and havn't seen much of anything that is simple, or direct, to have king of the hill, or maybe i am misinterpreting my idea for it.

my idea is to have an area specially zoned so that anyone can bring in whatever they have, and build a bunker or a fort, and they'll have to defend themselves from the onslaught of anyone else who tries to conquer that plot of land. maybe have a central block that oen reaches with a sign to conquer? basically, one can do anything to get into the defenders base, get to the "central block" and place a sign to conquer, where after wards all else warps to spawn, so they can retro-fit the fort to defend again against the onslaught. maybe with a set downtime, to give time to prepare. the benitfit to the defender, as myidea, is every minecraft day they hold thier territory, they get a prize, like a diamond block, as an idea, and everyday longer the prize gets better.

anyhow i am just looking for a plugin as such. would love feedback. i am not literate in java or plugin makin at all, so help is loved

2. Offline

orange451

I will be making a King of the Hill part of my UltimateArena plugin soon :3

3. Offline

turt2live

In the meantime, why not get Factions, create your own "admin" faction that controls an already made hill, and then tell everyone to conqour it. You could administrate if by using the Factions map command to see who won.

This is just an idea I came up with on the top of my head and I really only suggest it until orange451 creates his plugin :)

4. Offline

evbot42

we've tried the factions, but theres just not enough of us to make it work for something simplistic. there are 5 of us that are opped, because our user base is around, so we do not use essentialspermisions yet, but we will soon. but the same reason applies to why we do not have towny, factions, etc. too much structure for too few ppl. also, cant wait to see the plugin orange.

5. Offline

orange451

It's done :3

6. Offline

evbot42

gunna download and test later tonight, will come back in a few days, have work later today, thank you! looking forward to playing with the plugin!