[REQ] Ignore players.

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Wakko, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Offline

Wakko

I'm not asking for a muting or silence plug-in. I want a plug-in so users can ignore/unignore other users.
    Basically: They can't see any messages from the person until they're unblocked. (If the user decides to unblock them.)
    This way, if someone is bothering someone and no mod/admin is online to mute them, they can just block the person's chat. It doesn't mute the person, but it's a safe command for players to use because it doesn't. Since it only stops users from receiving messages from someone.
    Would be appreciated. :D
    (Should admins have an override on being blocked?)

2. Offline

gamer1129

I am pretty sure Herochat does this with /ch ignore <name>. I could be wrong, he only stated that you will "ignore" them, and never said you can't see what they say, but considering its only a chat program I think its safe to bet it can do what you are asking. Anyway, I just thought I would say that.. so.. yeah lol I hope it works out for you.

3. Offline

Wakko

I'm not interested in Herochat, but I'll look into that.
    I'd still prefer this is as a stand-alone plug-in or part of a muting/silencing plug-in though.

4. Offline

Wakko

Hmm... no luck?
    I could really use this.

5. Offline

CypherX

I don't have anything to do at the moment so I'll throw something together.

6. Offline

Parrothead

I would like this plugin too. Has there been any work on it yet?

7. Offline

nukeleer6

There is a client-side fix.
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/123409-v166-wdmods-creepers-sneak-and-chat/

Simply install Improved Chat, and type in a few simple regular expressions, starting with:
    ~ignore \bPlayerName\b

A few options for unignoring the player. You can edit them out of your ignore list in the XML file generated, or track them in a seperate ignorelist.

~tab Ignored
    ~track \bPlayerName\b

For a third, unimpeded tab you can easily swap to,
    ~tab All
    ~track ^

And finally, to switch between tabs:
    ~bind b ~move tab 0 2

That's about as simple as it gets, and it's entirely client side. I use three tabs - Default - normal chat minus ignored people and much of the generated chatter about them. Msg, for private/team, and All, unfiltered. Hit B and you swap to the next tab in sequence, allowing you to easily ignore trolls while not blinding yourself to chat that you don't want to miss in a PVP situation.
    Also defeats chat spammers in a few short taps of the keyboard, while allowing you and your team to get on with things.

Regular expressions can be used for responding to whoever messaged you with a single keypress, as explained in the mod docs, auto logging coordinates, making your name neon blue, and whatever you can be bothered programming it to do.