[REQ] Hook into Essentials for AFK-sensing, run custom command

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by acap41, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Offline

acap41

Plugin category: Dev Tools? General?

Suggested name: HookEssentialsAFK (No I'm not creative.)

What I want: A plugin that hooks into Essentials AFK-sensing and can run a custom command. Ie, when a player either types /afk or Essentials detects that they are AFK.

At it's simplest, all this would to is remap Essential's afk detection to run another command. Everything else I need, I could accomplish with CommandHelper. If it also handled /afk, that would be great. And in an ideal world, rank-based custom commands and such would be a great addition, but I can create all that myself with CommandHelper.

I asked about this on the Essentials IRC channel, and they told me that making a plugin to hook into Essentials would be easier than modifying it myself, making my own AFK plugin from scratch, or waiting for it to be incorporated into the full Essentials.

Ideas for commands: No commands needed for this plugin, although perhaps something like "/afkhook reload" to reload a configuration of the custom commands without using PlugMan or something similar.

Ideas for permissions: afkhook.admin (to reload it)

When I'd like it by: Later today if this is actually very simple to make, but in reality, anytime before Christmas.