[REQ] Homes that expire upon death (hardcore survivalesque)

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by D-Lew, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Offline

D-Lew

I have a survival world on my server with basically 0 permissions for people who want a vanilla experience while still being able to play multiplayer. I'm currently using Essentials to take care of homes in the game but I think a more robust home feature would be nice. It seems like a simple idea.

Use a command to set a home in a particular world. Player can warp back and forth at their leisure, in case they want to switch maps to play a creative gametype and keep their place in survival world intact.

Once player dies *in that world*, their home is wiped and they have to start over at spawn with no way to teleport back.

If you wanted to get crazy with it, you could combine the set home event with teleporting to the spawn of other worlds. I don't know how difficult that is with players using multiverse or essentials spawn like I am. I suppose it would be easy to configure the spawn locations in this plugin though if necessary.

Would probably need it to have some permissions so I could assign that command to a particular world only. I'm not sure what the best way of doing that is. All I think I need though is a permission separate from the essentials homes permission so I can allocate each to different worlds.

Thanks for reading.

2. Offline

ThatBox

I will work on this. It will be done by tomorow.

3. Offline

D-Lew

Awesome. You're my hero.

I can't help with programming but if you could use any help with documentation or anything else let me know.

4. Offline

BlackHawkLex

Sounds nice :). Good luck guys!

5. Offline

ThatBox

Wow. I'm sorry about this but i had a report and some trouble. It will be done by tomorow. Sorry for any trouble.

6. Offline

D-Lew

It's ok man I won't complain about someone making a plugin without me having to lift a finger. I'm not in a rush to get the feature implemented and I appreciate you taking my request, would have taken me weeks to get my friends who know Java to spend more weeks figuring out how to get it on my server lol.

I thought some more and got a little more input from my users on this system if it's something you'd like to include in the first run or maybe future versions of the plugin.

• 1) Have 1 bed stored as a respawn point like in singleplayer mode. No warping to this location, you can only go back by dying to prevent exploiting the system. (This isn't hardcore-esque so I guess my title was misleading, sorry :()
    I'm sure there are other plugins that store respawn/homes with beds, but I don't know if any of them prevent warping back to them with the same permission. This could be toggled in a config file for people who want my original proposal.

• 2) If the command to save/return to the spot in survival could be paired with a world change event, this would be ideal, as it would prevent people from setting a spot and warping around at their leisure to exploit the feature. (If they didn't like where they wandered to in the world, for example)
    Hope I'm not swamping you with this, and if you've already got a lot of the first part done that's about 10 thousand steps forward for me from my current homes system in survival world, so don't worry if you can't accommodate for my late suggestions.

7. Offline

BlackHawkLex

Incase ThatBox is too busy, feel free to contact me mate :). I could do it too, but he was first. So I will let him do it :).

8. Offline

ThatBox

@D-Lew
    I am almost finsihed.
    It will be done in at least one hour.

9. Offline

D-Lew

Any updates?

10. Offline

ThatBox

Yup. I am still trying to figure out how to store the hashmaps in a file.

11. Offline

nickrak

You could use the FileConfiguration object built in. Or, gloriously spam a standard Java file with CSV.

12. Offline

ThatBox

Thanks.