[REQ][FORMATTED] Cancel chunk generation

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Pr4w, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Offline

Pr4w

Plugin category: WGEN ?

Suggested name: NoChunkGen

A bit about me: I'm just a server owner, with a few ideas I think would be welcome as plugins. :)

What I want: Basically, we have plugins that handle borders (BorderGuard, etc), but that means if we have a 7000x7000 pre-generated map, we have to limit it around 6400x6400 so that players sight won't force new chunks to generate around the map, and so we can keep that clean square look on a Dynmap/WorldMap. So I wanted to know if it's possible to have a plugin that cancels ChunkGeneration (if there is an event for it, which I assume there should be, no ?), so we can push the border further away, and avoid users creating unwanted chunks outside the map.
    A config.yml for wanted/unwanted worlds would be perfect too. :)

Ideas for commands: No commands needed for this plugin.

Ideas for permissions: No permissions needed for this plugin.

When I'd like it by: Whenever you have the time !

Similar plugin requests: None.

Devs who might be interested in this: ?

Bump, anyone ? :(

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2016
  2. Offline

Ineentho

I'm also interested in this, is this even possible? I've tried to find an cancellable event with world gen, but I don't think there are any?

3. Offline

fredghostkyle1

get WorldBorder

4. Offline

Ineentho

can it really block world gen? I only see that it has a wipe command that will remove outside chunks, that will be re-generated next time somebody goes there?

5. Offline

fredghostkyle1

with WorldBORDER you can set a BORDER for your world, this may help you. then you can stop ppl from entering your predefined area.

6. Offline

Ineentho

Yeah, but the effect I want is to make a small world look like a cubic floating island (without creating a wgen)

7. Offline

OstlerDev

WorldGuard does not generate chunks outside the border.