[REQ][FORMATTED] ArrowStab

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Konkz, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Offline

izak12345678910

If you needed just points when i asked you you could have said that i can send you a plugin i made that scores points and goals

2. Offline

AeroFreak

What do you mean by "Any open source"?

3. Offline

Konkz

A survival games plugin, that is Open Source so I can snip the bits of code out of it.

4. Offline

AeroFreak

Of course, I can get you the code ltr on, or you can just download it and extract it yourself! :D link

5. Offline

Konkz

I will do it myself, thanks.

6. Offline

AeroFreak

Your're welcome:p

Konkz likes this.
  7. Offline

Konkz

Very long bump.

8. Offline

Icyene

You can use JAD to decompile the class files of any plugin you are interested in learning from that is not open source.

9. Offline

Konkz

I would make the plugin - but I have no time or head to it.

10. Offline

Konkz

Bump.

11. Offline

izak12345678910

I think more people will be interested if it where public :p

12. U can't bump, you have to wait 12 hours or moar.
    YOU BORK THE RULEZ!

13. Offline

Konkz

? :confused:

I don't want it public, and I got my reasons which I don't want to talk about.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2016
  14. Offline

Deleted user

Sounds great, but I don't have the time/patience to do it ATM.

15. Offline

Konkz

Great shame. Thanks for interest anyway!

Deleted user likes this.
  16. Offline

AeroFreak

I know you probably don't want to say why, I respect that, but why?

17. Offline

Konkz

That kinda made me laught.
    I'd tell you why, but I can't due to forum rules.

It will 'kinda' be public.

18. Offline

Wolf3141

As for the actual request, it sounds like fun. I've been messing with all different kinds of mods. First off, if you want a new arena mod, have you seen simplespleef arena? You might want to check it out.

Secondly, I like the idea, but it should be highly customizable. A config file would be nice to edit so you can make different weapons and choose the knockback as well. I think in combination with an ice floor (IIRC you slip and slide around ice) and trying not to be knocked off while knocking others off.

19. Offline

Bjornke

1. Point system, is easy. Honestly if you can't make a point system you don't know Java. This can be acheived with simple HashMaps and Serializing those to a config file to save them for later use.

2. JAD only works on un-protected files. Also, decompiling Copyrighted work is considered against the law, and is HIGHLY discourages in the development world. I mean HIGHLY.

3. This plugin honestly, doesn't sound too difficult to make, problem is, it would take time and effort which no one seems to be willing to throw your way. Might need to reconsider some ideas about it, or (hopefully) find time to try to make it yourself. If the point system really is that hard for you, ring me a bell and I'll help you with it.

20. Offline

Konkz

Well, I do know the scoring system - a bit.
    But I just don't have the time plus head to do it like I said.

I am coming through hard time, and last thing I want to do is code.

21. Offline

izak12345678910

Don't you have spyro dev to help

AeroFreak likes this.
  22. Offline

Konkz

Dan has problems in real life, so not really.

23. Offline

Jenthura

Konkz
    I think that you may have to give it up. :oops: There are already many arena game plugins, why not choose those?
    I understand they might not have the exact same properties you want (e.g. better weapons every few kills) but I'm sure you can find an assortment of plugins that allow you to do that.
    For instance, there is a plugin that rewards players for the number of kills they make. You could configure it so that every few kills their reward is an item.
    Furthermore, why should you give them [arrow]'s and [cake] ? Why not real weapons with those enchantments already attached? Even the default MC server command (/give) will allow you to enchant items!
    All I'm saying is that you're probably better off using plugins that already exist, rather than wait for the one perfect plugin tailor-made for you.
    Just my opinion. :D

24. Offline

Konkz

I am not going to give up, and I'm using a arrow as it's called "ArrowStab", a Cake is improved weapon which is your reward for stabbing people.

25. Its like playing a spy in TF2, who doesn't want to play a spy in TF2?

26. Offline

Konkz

:p

27. Offline

Konkz

28. Offline

Bjornke

Hmm, I REALLY like this plugin idea. Let me get a release out for my current project (should be done here in a few days) and I'll contact you further for more information regarding developing this idea. Also, I promise, I won't leave you in the dark. I am pushing for a release of my most recent project Sunday or Monday and would LOVE to develop this once I am settled in with my current one (a release would allow me more time since I won't be adding features anymore, just monitoring it for bugs)

:) Hope to talk soon. I'll send you a PM with contact details. You have Skype?

29. Offline

izak12345678910

Are you gonna release this?

30. Offline

Bjornke

I always release plugins to the public, however I always keep the source code under strict private usage only (All Rights Reserved, Copyrighted) since I believe to keep plugins safe from "copy cats" and force people to actually LEARN Java they can't just Copy and Paste from my stuff... However everyone involved in the project gets open access to code. Another reason I don't release code under GPL or "Open Source" it is because sometimes developers like to bash each other on small things, and I HATE that with envy. I accept that all developers do things differently, different formatting, different style, whatever. I try not to argue over petty things like "well man, your formatting iz terriblez *PS i'm 10* n u can seperate that huge class into 20 and *bog my plugin down?* other stuffs too"

BUT I love helping people with there stuff and learning :)

So to answer your question: YES I will release all plugins I make :)