[REQ] Floor portal (like end-portal)

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by trusebruse, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Offline

trusebruse

Okey, listen... Voxleport is not what i want. I want a plugin that can do this:
    1. build a frame on the floor. For exaple 2x2x2x2 made of any block. (this plugin shall work with any frame design
    2. stand inside the frame and type: /endgate create [nameofgate] (now is there an endgate on the ground but it dont lead anywhere.)
    3. set the point where you want the gate to take you to by typing: /endgate destination [nameofgate]
    4. jump in the portal.
    5. now shall you be at the point you set.

optional:
    6. place a lever on the gate frame and pull it. now shall it be glass where the portal should be. (you cant enter the portal/it is closed)
    7. You can also shut it with the command: /endgate close [nameofgate]
    8. open it with /endgate open [nameofgate]

hope you understand what i am looking for and hope you like the idea, please make this plugin :)

2. Offline

CarrotPCdude

I have definitely been on a server with this, but I don't know if it was a custom plugin or not... You've searched around the plugin list and Bukkit dev, right?

3. Offline

trusebruse

Massivecraft.com have a plugin that is almost like this but they dont have it for download. It's there own and they keep for them selves. And yes, i have been on bukkit dev and plugin list. Hopefully someone can make it.

anyone?

Please! :S

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2016
  4. Offline

Deleted user

I have this on my server :3

5. Offline

trusebruse

what plugin is it? Can you give me a link for the download?

6. Offline

Deathmarine

7. Offline

trusebruse

8. I am currently making a teleport pad plugin a little similar, except the player stands in the telepad, then they jump to accept the teleport

9. Offline

trusebruse

But i want an end portal. :3 could you make that? :)

10. I dont know :p it seems similar but maybe you want something very different :p

11. Offline

trusebruse

nah not rly.. just an end portal that dont take you to a selected point. and if you can, please add shut/open function with command or lever :)

could you make that?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

12. Offline

Konkz

Thats where you got the idea from! :p
    - Stalked -

13. Actually, i started it and then i saw this and thought i'd advertise my plugin ;)

14. Offline

trusebruse

Can you make the plugin? sorry for asking so many times lol :p

15. I can make an amendment to my plugin and change it from detecting the player from jumping to sinking maybe? that might work.

16. Offline

trusebruse

I dont really understand.. are you gonna make an endportal that you can jump/walk in and be moved to a selected point?

17. My one works by setting a region, when you walk in it says "do you want to go to..." it will cost you how much (can be free) and then when the player jumps, it teleports them, with effects on the players screen etc

18. Offline

trusebruse

That sound kinda awesome.. i will definitely gonna get that plugin :) But right now i am using ancient gates to make portal but i want more then just one sort of gate.. and i really want a endporttal that you can jump into and be moved to a point.

19. Most teleport plugins use a region to teleport from, they dont check for blocks. so you could make it from any blocks. Have you tried using VoxelPort?

20. Offline

trusebruse

Okey, listen... Voxleport is not what i want. I want a plugin that can do this:
    1. build a frame on the floor. For exaple 2x2x2x2 made of any block. (this plugin shall work with any frame design
    2. stand inside the frame and type: /endgate create [nameofgate] (now is there an endgate on the ground but it dont lead anywhere.)
    3. set the point where you want the gate to take you to by typing: /endgate destination [nameofgate]
    4. jump in the portal.
    5. now shall you be at the point you set.

optional:
    6. place a lever on the gate frame and pull it. now shall it be glass where the portal should be. (you cant enter the portal/it is closed)
    7. You can also shut it with the command: /endgate close [nameofgate]
    8. open it with /endgate open [nameofgate]

hope you understand what i am looking for and hope you like the idea, please make this plugin :)

A design of a portal:

View attachment 10087

Another design of a portal:
    View attachment 10088

Open gate: (close it with the lever or do the /endgate close nameofgate command)
    View attachment 10089

Closed gate: (open it with the lever or do the /endgate open nameofgate command)
    View attachment 10090

You can change from glass to another block in the config file.

21. Offline

Deleted user

Herpaderpa. Make your portal any way you want then just make a portal around your 'portal' with multiverse portals. Because mvp doesn't use any actual blocks. Its invisible.

22. Offline

trusebruse

Then wouldn't i be able to close and open the gate :S

23. Offline

Deleted user

yes you could

24. Offline

trusebruse

Not that way i want it ;)

25. Its a good idea, its just quite tricky to code, and i dont believe that it will be that popular

26. Offline

trusebruse

It is gonna be popular! and it shouldn't be hard at all to code. Why wouldn't it be popular?

Can anyone make this plugin?

27. Offline

afistofirony

I think you should just stick to Multiverse-Portals. It takes two seconds to "close" a portal by placing any blocks in it.

If it's really that much of a big deal, keep looking, but you should always be willing to flex a little from your original plan, not stick to a a 'get-what-I-want-or-don't-get-it-at-all' attitude.

28. Offline

trusebruse

but the thing is that i want to close it with a command!

29. Offline

np98765

Well, if that's the only difference, then talk to the developer.

afistofirony likes this.
  30. Offline

afistofirony

So picky.

If it really means that much to you, ask the developer. We shouldn't have to develop a whole new plugin for one new command.

Otherwise, just use Multiverse-Portals to make portals.

Omnitv likes this.