[REQ]FenceProtection [FORMATED]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by ewized, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Offline

ewized

Plugin category: Anti-Griefing Tools

Suggested name: FenceProtection
    What I want: I want a plugin that will protect you region from a config height, I want this to work the same as Lockette. But the same function as BananaRegion. As I want the players to protect their home with fences with no databases.

Ideas for commands: One to reload the plugin for the config file.

Ideas for permissions: One for admins and one for players.

When I'd like it by: Soon

2. Offline

izak12345678910

RedProtect

Squirzy likes this.
  3. Offline

ewized

Not what I really wanted, I wanted no databases.

4. Offline

izak12345678910

What do you mean like no MySQL? RedProtect doesn't need one.

5. Offline

ewized

I mean no database at all I want it so players place fences around their house and with a sign have that region protected, no commands for users to add players just have a sign with the first line [Protect], then the other lines with owner that can edit inside the fence area. Then the players can re-size their land and just replace the sign.

6. Offline

sayaad

Without using any type of files or database, then this would be impossible as if someone somehow manages to do this all the protected regions will be gone everytime the plugin reloads/restarts.

7. Offline

ewized

Its possible because BananaRegion did it. http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/bananaregion/

8. Offline

sayaad

BananaRegion uses files, which in my opinion is a type of database.
    One question, why don't you just and ask the developer of BananaRegion to implement the features you want instead of asking a developer to create an entirely new plugin?
    V10lator

9. The only file BananaRegion uses is a config file. There are no save files and no databases, so ewized is right. :p

10. Offline

sayaad

Damn xD how did you do that?
    Code please :3

Edit figured it out :

You just dump all the data on the config >:D

Edit 2 :

That was a guss

11. sayaad No, it's not dumped to the config, that's not what a config is for. :confused:
    All info needed is written at the signs and collected dynamically tiggered by events from the gameplay (ChunkLoad...). ;) The sources are included in the jar file and credits for it goes to codename_B, too.

12. Offline

actionforgames

I think it is possible to create it without database :)
    You put sign on fence and type in first line something like: [ProtectArea]
    in second line [Your name]...
    And when you start your server this Plugin check all signs that have "[ProtectArea]" in first line and then check fence around house and protect them in game. So there won't be needed any database right ?

13. Offline

sayaad

...wow... so its like find a sign, then find the block attached to the sign then while block.hasNext() to get the border of the fences then find every block inside of this border? I need to look at this source xD
    Mind if I use this method for another plugin I am working on? :3
    (Just the "get all block that is in a region" because I cannot figure out how to do this)

14. If you don't violate the license: Feel free to use it. ;)

15. Offline

ewized

Ok to get that all settle I guess some people are going to try to make this plugin.

16. Offline

codename_B

Glad you like it ;P

You should check out my new plugin btw :D

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/thatregionplugin/

17. Offline

ewized

18. Offline

Deleted user

would be cool

19. Offline

ewized

So I was wonding if any of you will like to make this as I have been waiting for about a week and no peep from anyone. So would TnT codename_B and any other dev like to make this.

20. Offline

ewized

@codename_B Hey do you want to make this for me... Ill pm you with some other info you may want.