[REQ]Disable Diamonds in world

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Luxius96, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Offline

Luxius96

Hi... i want to disable Diamond in my world and have only Iron Ore and Gold Ore , How to please?

up pls help me

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2016
  2. Offline

Sayshal

3. Well you could just make it so people can't break diamond ore.

4. Offline

Sayshal

This is true. Or get a drop plugin where diamondore drops ironore and force your users to use a texturepack? I dunno :p

5. Well I could easily make a plugin that makes diamond ore drop iron.

6. Offline

Sayshal

There's a lot that do this. But sure if the OP wants it.

7. Do you want me to make a simple plugin to make diamond ore drop iron or cobble or something? That would have the same effect.

8. Offline

Father Of Time

Why do you jump to such steep conclusions, don't you realize by just making assumptions and telling people "It cant be done" without any proof only hiders community growth and hurt those who don't know better... I appreciate that you are trying to help, but misinformation is not helpful...

With that said, have you ever thought about simply making an ItemSpawnEvent listener, and in that event listener check to see what the material type of the spawned item is, if its Material.DIAMOND cancel the event... Bingo no more diamond spawn! Also, if you wanted to reward them in some way for finding them without giving them a diamond you could always change the item spawn type to something else, or just keep canceling the event but have it give them money or experience instead, etc.

Hope this helps, good luck!