[REQ] Direct Experience

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Certain, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Offline

Certain

Plugin category: Sorry, have no idea about category. :/

Suggested name: Direct Experience

A bit about me: Nothing much to say - I'm just a Minecraft player under a nickname 'Certains' and I really want this idea to be realised. + I'm pretty sure this will be useful not only for my server. :) Have no idea how to create plugins, only thing I know is how to use them. ^^

What I want: My idea is kind of simple, but I have no idea - is it simple to make it possible and how much resource could it take, but here it is. So I've seen plugins which allow you to add exp with commands, plugins that removes exp orbs, plugins that saves your exp after death and plugins which notice when you kill a certain mob. My idea is to combine that kind of plugins to one. I mean, all I want is to give the exp directly to the player who kills a mob, not to drop those exp orbs.

Ideas for commands: I think there's no need for such commands. Maybe some commands which can manage how many exp the certain mob will give. But better make it on a config file and add a reload command which could be something like /directexp reload.

Ideas for permissions: If you make the exp management with in game commands (which, as I said, is not the main thing I would worry about), then the permission can me directexp.manage
    And for the reload command - directexp.reload

When I'd like it by: If someone would be so cool and make something like this, just tell here, in this topic, when could it be done.

Similar plugin requests: Tried to find some, came up with none.

Devs who might be interested in this: No idea.

2. Offline

LartTyler

So... All you want is a plugin that stops EXP drops and instead gives it directly to the player?

3. Offline

Certain

Yes! Just simple as that. :)

4. Offline

LartTyler

Easy ^_^ Give me a few minutes

dsf190 and Certain like this.
  5. Offline

Certain

Wounderful! Is it going to give the default amount of exp? Or it will be managable? Just woundering. :)

6. Offline

LartTyler

If you'd like, I'll make exp drops configurable. It's no big deal to do that.

7. Offline

Certain

Would be much appreciated! :)

8. Offline

niki5051

Pls make this plugin I really need it

9. Offline

dsf190

Ooooh can't wait to download this!

10. Offline

LartTyler

C'est fini.

The config file is packed into the jar, and will extract itself when you first run it. All experience values are set to the default values. Enjoy! :) Lemme know if you find any bugs!

Edit:
    Lol! Forgot the download link :p Here it is!

Attached Files:

Certain likes this.
  11. Offline

Certain

You're the man! Thanks alot! I'm pretty sure you can post it in plugins, alot of people may use it! :)

12. Offline

LartTyler

Certain
    No problem, it was a nice challenge to take on :) As for posting it, I might, we'll see lol :p

13. Offline

Certain

Your plugin is on my server already, works like a charm!
    But few ideas - can you add in game command /directexp reload?
    And another thing I'm woundering about - is it possible to count kill when you kill ghast with his fireball? :p I mean when you hit back that fireball and kill ghast with it ^^

14. Offline

niki5051

Bro the plugin is the best but can u add a giant

15. Offline

LartTyler

niki5051
    Yup, I can do that. Just give me a few :p

Certain
    I don't think that's possible, but I'll see what I can do.

16. Offline

Certain

You really need to make a topic about it! ^^ This is a good one. :)

17. Offline

LartTyler

Updated to support giants. Download link is here.

Edit:
    Also addresses a bug where default experience is set to -1 as opposed to the default...

18. Offline

niki5051

YEAH[diamond][diamond][diamond]
    EDIT:I can't download it

19. Offline

LartTyler

Did you try right clicking and hitting "Save as..."?

Edit:
    Re-uploaded, it should work just fine now.

20. Offline

dsf190

Does this mod conflict with any other mods? I have it on my server and the mobs don't drop XP anymore but it doesn't give you XP either.

21. Offline

Darkhand81

A great idea, but what about when multiple people fight a single mob (like the EnderDragon)? This would be adding another layer of complexity but to avoid killstealing, would it make sense to split exp between players based on how much % damage they did to the mob?

If that was added, you'd have a serious plugin on your hands that could improve gameplay and eliminate those pesky exp orbs without hurting enchanting!

22. Offline

LartTyler

dsf190
    I didn't test it with any other plugins, but I don't think it should conflict with any. Providing that no other plugin is overriding damage dealt by canceling the damage event (if it just changes damage it should be fine) and nothing is overriding experience drops... Are players shown a message when they kill something?

Darkhand81
    Hmmm... I like the shared exp idea... I'll see what I can do :)

23. Offline

niki5051

WOW
    It just keeps geting better and better [diamond][diamond][diamond]

24. Offline

Darkhand81

If you do that, you should really put the plugin up on BukkitDev, I imagine lots of people would be interested. I'll certainly be putting it into production if so!

25. Offline

LartTyler

RL stuff and the server I tech for have come between me and programming, But I havnt forgotten this! :) I'll have a new build out ASAP, hopefully sometime tomorrow or the day after. After that, it's going on BukkitDev, I never imagine this'd turn into something quite so popular :D

niki5051 likes this.
  26. Offline

niki5051

Well the stupid orbs are lagging the servers so I think that if u add the shared xp this will be the best xp plugin

27. Offline

LartTyler

Hello everyone!

I'm trying to place DirectExp up on BukkitDev, but sicne it's giving me trouble, I'm going to post the link to the newest build of DE :)

This build will now share exp based on damage dealt, enjoy! :D

Download version 1.2 here!

28. Offline

Darkhand81

Awesome!!! I get the feeling this is going to be a vital plugin for a lot of people. I'll start testing it out!

Since there's no dev page yet, I'll post these here:

-My first concern is about people tagging mobs and wandering off. If I run around and hit a ton of mobs once, will I pick up my share of xp if the mob dies an hour later? I'm wondering what would be less resource-intensive... Letting that be or starting a timer to remove folks from the list if they haven't done damage after a certain amount of time.

-Will those hashmaps sit in memory forever if the mob never dies? Do they get deleted if the mob despawns but doesn't die?

29. Offline

LartTyler

Hmmm... Now those are some very valid points... At the moment, both are an issue that I need to get resolved. I've been playing around with setting up a timer system to remove damages after x amount of time, but the problem is the plugin already requires a delicate balance of timers to get the damage and death events to sync up right... I'll see what I can do for the next version, I'm sure I can come up with something :) Thanks for the input!

For those interested, DirectExp is now on BukkitDev! You can view it's project page here :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  30. Offline

niki5051

It's very cool but I am planing on updateing my server to 1.2 so can u update the plugin