[REQ] Dammage control

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by worstboy32, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Offline

worstboy32

hello!

Since 1.0 have been released pvp is crap...
    Killing players takes ages if they have full diamond armor.
    Before 1.0 it was 3/4 hits to kill a player.
    Now it is like 20 hits to kill someone.
    And with healing potions and shit even 50+
    So mojang must have edited the damage or the armor durability.
    So i would like to request a plugin what let players pvp like the old days <3
    So or to incrase the sword/bow/fist/tools damage to players
    or lower the protection of armor from players/mobs/interact.

I hope this is possible and that someone feel like making this.
    If you need any more info just let me know

Sory for bumping but on page3 nobody will find this.
    I still hope someone will make this.
    Or at least look into it

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2016
  2. Offline

ಠ_ಠ

I agree... I hate how PVP cant be fun now because of potions... Either a plugin that makes people deal more damage, or a plugin that reduces effects of potions and armor...

3. Offline

ledhead900

There are already potions to Increase/Reduce damage on hits and reduce armor. I suggest you wiki up and learn.

4. Offline

worstboy32

I'm sure u didn't read at all...
    It's not going about potions to incrase dmg and things.
    What I'm saying is that the sword dmg and armor power have been changed.
    And potions make it even worser.
    Pvp is crap now it takes like 20 hits and before 1.8 it was 3 hits.
    But if u had read u would already know
    Thanks for trying to help though.

But still looking for a solution

5. Offline

evilmidget38

I've been working on a small plugin in my spare time, scarce as it may be. I'll add this to it and upload it. It's a cool idea, and really easy to create. Expect an upload within (probably)30 mins. Finished, should work, not fully tested.

Attached Files:

6. Offline

worstboy32

@evilmidget38
    Thanks a lot!
    Will test when I'm back from college.
    Maybe explain the working a bit?
    Like what it does and things.
    But thx so far!

Not working..
    PvP is diabled at all i cant hit anyone.
    and same for other side.
    And could u explain how it works?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2016
  7. Offline

evilmidget38

New .jar, finally fixed the issues. There was a bug with how I was reading the config, so it always returned 0, making the amount of damage always 0.

As for how it works, here is a code snippet, credit of SwearWord for simplifying it.
    This is my onEntityDamage function from my EntityListener.

Code:
        public void onEntityDamage(EntityDamageEvent event){
            if(!(event.getEntity() instanceof Player)) return;
            if(!(event.getEntity().getLastDamageCause()  instanceof EntityDamageByEntityEvent)) return;
            player = (Player)event.getEntity();
            EntityDamageByEntityEvent subEvent = (EntityDamageByEntityEvent)event;
            if(!(subEvent.getDamager() instanceof Player)) return;

event.setDamage(event.getDamage() * plugin.getConfig().getInt("DamageMultiplier"));

}

Attached Files:

8. Offline

ledhead900

I read it just fine thank you, I just pointed out that there are equal potions to counter an increase or decrease in dmg/armor changes, so what if damage has gone down or armor has gone up use potions to weaken them or a potion to increase your own damage, there are pots for lowing armor and wep dmg and also increasing it that is why they exist in the first place.

I know what your asking, you want a plugin to control the item stats of armor/weps so that you can fix what you don't like about the changes and having to rely on pots, I get the fact that a potion can become OP if the other players have no pots, I was simply trying to make the point that its not really needed if you utilize pots efficiently. With that being said I get where you are coming from tho, Potions can be annoying I too want a damage control plugin.

Tho In a damage control plugin I want to be able to set the damages/defense of all Wep's and Armor manually no drag and drop I want to fine tune it with numbers I don't think you want the same thing I want.