[REQ]Cross-Server Chatting!

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by MistPhizzle, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Offline

MistPhizzle

I am not sure if this has been done yet, but from looking I couldn't find it.

Anyway I have multiple servers, an Industrial Craft Server that is compatible with Bukkit, a PVP Server, and a normal Survival / Build Server, I would love a plugin that would let me chat in one server and it be sent to the other servers as well.

If there is another plugin for that, I am not aware of it, could you link me please?

If not, I think this is a great idea :D

2. Offline

acuddlyheadcrab

ಠ_ಠ... This would be cool. But somewhat complicated. But it might already be done.

EDIT: replace "ಠ_ಠ" with
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

3. Offline

AbeJ

I really think you don't understand what ಠ_ಠ means. It's the look of disapproval. It is used to indicate dislike or distaste, not liking.

4. Offline

acuddlyheadcrab

Hey i totally know what it means okay! I seriously just googled it to get the meaning of it... >:^B
    (i just thought it looks like a look of awe as well...)

5. Offline

AbeJ

OK...

6. Offline

WizzleDonker

This would be cool. I don't believe this would be too hard to create.

On Player Chat:
    Server sends message to webserver
    New class in Server Recieving:
    Watches port on webserver
    When a packet gets recieved:
    console.println(the thing recieved from the server)

Actually... looking back it might be a little hard to create, but not impossible. Also, if the connection between the servers and the live web host isn't perfect there would be a little chat lag, but it can never be that dramatic as the thing which gets sent to the server is actually tiny in size.

7. Offline

acuddlyheadcrab

Yeah that's kinda what i was thinking, but I have no idea how to work with that type of stuff...

8. Offline

WizzleDonker

You're not alone, my friend

My guess is it will involve some hooking into raw java to get it to work the way it should. It would require a somewhat further experienced plugin author to make something like that. But, the idea is awesome and I am sure that many will appreciate it.

I can't believe this hasn't been created before!

Actually... Have you tried one of these two plugins?

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/ch...-messaging-chat-rooms-friend-list-1000.23926/

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/ch...obal-chat-across-multiple-servers-1000.28404/

I don't know about the second one looks like someone 'stole his code'. You are welcome to fish all you like in the thread, though.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016