[REQ] Control PVP restrictions via Permissions groups

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by enkryptor, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Offline

enkryptor

2. Offline

TheYeti

More information is generally good.

3. Offline

enkryptor

sorry, this post was accidentally deleted - i wrote a reply and it disappeared (was edited?)

The main idea was to implement a 'pvp-protected.*' permission where '*' stands for another group name.

an example:
    two groups - "Citizens" and "Outlaws". "Citizens" has the 'pvp-protected.citizens' right. That means:
    - citizens can NOT hurt citizens
    - outlaws can hurt citizens
    - citizens can hurt outlaws
    - outlaws can hurt outlaws

The idea can be used more than for two groups. I think this guy wants the same thing — http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/no-friendly-fire-gm-permissions.7903/

4. Offline

TnT

I've seen a bug on these forums where you go to edit something, and have that edit overwrite your post. It is usually clear when this happens (and does so before you hit save) - so just be watching when editing and you should be fine.

I can't steadily duplicate it, so its hard to write up a bug report for @lukegb to fix for us.

5. Offline

enkryptor

Not exactly. To reproduce the problem, just write two replies in a row with the "Post Reply" button (the quick form below). Only the second reply will be saved.

6. Offline

TnT

Test 1
    [MERGETIME="1299794867"][/MERGETIME]
    Test 2
    [MERGETIME="1299794882"][/MERGETIME]
    I just tried, I can't replicate it doing what you suggested - I'm using Chrome for my browser.

7. Offline

enkryptor

I use Opera and get the issue.. 8(

(just tried)
    [MERGETIME="1299832114"][/MERGETIME]
    no issues with Firefox

8. Offline

iiTommY

How do you make outlaws spawn? they don't for me? Send me your config file or something?