[REQ] Build from a distance. Throwbuild?

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Wakko, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Offline

Wakko

I've looked through the forums for a plug-in to build from distances. (Useful for bridges, or just being lazy.) I found CreativeStick, but I don't really like it. You can use commands to toggle what block you place, and whether you're placing or destroying a block from a set distance, but that's not what I want.

What I want is a simple plug-in to place blocks farther than the normal distance like the Throwbuild plug-in from Hey0.

The way Throwbuild worked was you simply toggle it on/off. If throwbuild is on, you simply drop a block from you hotkey bar, and instead of dropping, it places the block where your cross-hair points. It's simple, and it works.

A port, or something similar would be appreciated. :)

If anyone has seen a plug-in around the forums like this that I've missed, let me know.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  2. Offline

SeijiTataki

VoxelSnipe does similar to what you want, but I don't know how refined an area you can make for block placement. VoxelSnipe is intended more for large builds, and terrain painting.

3. Offline

Wakko

I'll check it out.
    Edit: Ehh, it's map editing with all these commands and functions.
    I just want a simple plug-in to place blocks at farther distances. That's all.

4. Offline

sunkid

You might want to check out CreativeStick :)

5. Offline

Wakko

Edit: I might give it a try though after looking over it again.
    I'd prefer something similar to Throwbuild, but I'll settle for what I can get.
    Few questions though:
    1) Can it only allow a user to build? (I want people to use their tools, I'm not making a creative server. I just like the idea of building perks for those who like to.)
    2) If not, does it at least have an option as to which blocks can be removed from afar?
    3) When placing a block, does it respect the group's block black-listing? (via WorldGuard)
    4) Does the plugin respect regions before removing or placing a block? (anywhere the user isn't allowed to build)
    5) I want simplicity. Possibility of a command to place the first (allowable) block in the hotkeybar?

6. Offline

sunkid

Sorry, should have read your first post more carefully.

As for your questions:
    1. CS has full support for permissions and you can restrict the users able to use it easily
    2. there are no restrictions on types of blocks removed beyond can use/cannot use
    3. CS honors all protection plugins in all three modes
    4. you can restrict CS to use blocks from a user's inventory only, which sounds a little like what you are looking for. You will get a stick when you enable CS and then you can easily configure what blocks you place using a command.
    I'll think about adding a no-stick mode to CS :)

7. Offline

Wakko

Won't that ruin the name CreativeStick? :p
    But cool, thanks for responding.

8. Offline

DreadKyller

this is possible, I belive there is an option for extending a players reach, so that would actually probably be simple. If that's what you are talking about.

9. Offline

Wakko

Good enough, the throwbuild plug-in only allowed you to place at a distance, but generally extending the reach would be pretty cool too. In fact, it might be better because if you misplace a block, you can remove from afar as well. But still, permissions for building and breaking respectively would be nice.

10. Offline

captainawesome7

lolwut? Where is this mysterious option?

11. Offline

DreadKyller

you have to build against craftbukkit though... it's in craftplayer I belive, I can't remember which method, I read about it somewhere on this forum...

12. Offline

codename_B