[REQ] Binary Search Plugin?

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by xeology, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Offline

xeology

Is it possible to get a plugin that performs a binary search? I am not to familiar with this method but someone suggested to do one and I do not have the skills in java to preform such a task!

2. Offline

Afforess

3. Offline

xeology

Try reading the post dick.

4. Offline

Afforess

I did. I gave you the solution.

5. Offline

xeology

With a google this, Implying I did not search? So I just magically know it needed programmed and worked to output to the console/file? How the hell is someone with NO knowledge of java suppose to make a binary search plugin? Hell I don't even know if this is plausible in the fashion I need it for! I'm a php developer, not a java developer.

I know the programming, hell theres thousands of these sites. But however I do not know how to implement it for bukkit in the form of a plugin on a language I have never used. Hence the post here looking for someone to assist me and most likely many others with what it will be used for. Not to obtain smart remarks about googling it.

6. Offline

Afforess

Binary Search depends on what you are searching for, so having a plugin do it for you is...nonsensical. The actual implementation isn't all that hard, and most of Java's build in collections support it already. If you don't want to implement it, use an ArrayList, or some other Java collection, and then use list.indexOf(something).

7. Offline

xeology

There we go, thank you, sorry but been dealing with smart asses all night last night. This is helpful, so it cannot be used in a broad sense. How would I implement a method to see exactly what is being used/altered when bukkit goes into an infinite loop, not as much plugins since it is bukkit crashing this would only really apply to bukkits code and can narrow down some failures from there.