[REQ] Automatic Hunger Games [FORMATTED]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Squirzy, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Offline

Squirzy

EDIT: A Dev is currently working on this plugin for me. Thanks to the people who offered!

Plugin category: FUN

Suggested name: AutoHungerGames

A bit about me: I am the owner of a fairly large Minecraft server called Level Up Minecraft. We currently have 2 servers, 1 is survival and the other is PvP. And soon I am planning to release 2 more. Creative and Survival Games (which this plugin is for).

What I want: This is a fairly big plugin but here goes. This plugin is to play the basic hunger games game like most other hunger games plugins that are made. But I would like all the games to be automatic. How this would work is when a player joins the server, they join in a lobby which can be set using a command such as /hg set lobby. From here, players can wait for a game to finish and start. Once all players die except for the last person who wins, an announcement will be announced in chat say " Congratulations [player], you are the survivor" or something along the lines of that. They will then be teleported back to the lobby when a count down starts (Preferably from 30 seconds). After the 30 seconds is up, all players will be teleporting to the various starting point of the map which can be set using /hg set startpoint [#] - where # is the number starting point. When all players are teleported they will freeze and cannot move. The server will then count down from 10 seconds. Once the 10 seconds is up, the games will begin, the players will become unfrozen and they will be given 20 seconds grace period to run to the chests and away from other players before they ca be attacked or attack.

Players won't be able to break any blocks except for leaves and mushrooms. Once a player dies, I would like them to be able to spectate - so they will have the ability to fly and be invisible. I would also like if they cannot chat while in spectator mode.

This will then loop again, so all players die, everyone teleports back to the lobby and the game starts again.

Now with the chest and map: It would be nice if the map could some how reload back to the default (How it was before the game). And if chests could be randomized so the items are not always the same. As a preference I will be used Vareide's Hunger Game map.

Features for Husky:
    • When players die - they turn invisible and can fly. But they cannot throw/attack or interact with anything. When they die they will be called a spectator and they can left and right click to teleport to alive players and spectate them. Also when they die, a message will show up in chat saying "[HungerGames] # players remaining!"
    • Players can ONLY destroy leaves, mushrooms, grass and dead bushes.
    • When all players die expect the last player - a message in chat will display "[HungerGames] Congratulations [player], you have Survived!" and then all players are teleported to the lobby which will set with the lobby command. When in here, a timer which can be configurable will count down, giving 10 seconds notice eg. "[HungerGames] 40 seconds until next game starts" "[HungerGames] 30 seconds until next game starts" ..etc.
    • When the lobby timer ends - they are teleported to 1 of the startpoints which will be set using the command. When they are teleported, they cannot move. Another timer will count down (also configurable). Again giving updates in chat when its finished eg. "[HungerGames] 10 seconds until the games begin" And the last 10 seconds will have a message for each second.
    • When players are released from the starting time, no one can attack for 1 min (would like this to be configurable as well).
    • Items in chest will change between rounds (Will give you a list of what can be in chests).
    • When players are teleported to the lobby once the round is over, I would like it so somehow the maps regenerates back to normal.
    • Would also like a timer for each match so even if players don't die it will still end.

Ideas for commands:
    /hg set lobby - sets the location of the lobby where players will spawn
    /hg set startpoint [#] - Sets the start point were players will spawn in the map. [#] is a number so /hg set startpoint 1 will teleport player 1 to that start point.
    /hg spectate - Sets a player into spectate, once a player is in spectate they can't join the game again, they will need to wait until the game has ended.
    /hg end - Ends the current game (Only people with hungergames.gamemaker permission)

Ideas for permissions:
    hungergames.spectate - Allows players to join spectate mode
    hungergames.gamemaker - This allows the player to use /hg end and other commands that admins/mods be able to use.

When I'd like it by: When ever, I know this is a big plugin so as soon as you can develop it is fine.

Similar plugin requests: It's like most Hunger Game plugins, but I added my ideas to make it automated.

Devs who might be interested in this: I have no clue, nossr50 ?

If you believe you can develop this plugin, let me know here or PM me on the forums so we can talk more about it.

Thanks,
    Squirzy

njb_said likes this.
  2. Offline

webicex

This seems like a good idea! I have been looking for this.

njb_said likes this.
  3. Offline

njb_said

could you tell me when its availbale nice idea :)

4. Offline

Squirzy

Sorry I only want it developed exculsivly for my server. So it won't be released

5. Offline

kahlilnc

6. Offline

webicex

Yea man. No-one is going to make a plugin exclusively for you.

acuddlyheadcrab likes this.
  7. Offline

Squirzy

I already have 3 devs for different projects that are exclusive

8. Offline

Jade

Doesn't matter. Most will release publicly, or require payment.

9. Offline

Squirzy

I know this, but is against bukkit rules to say you will pay for something

10. Offline

Jade

Then take business elsewhere..? I.e. "May we talk on Skype?"

11. Offline

Squirzy

That's why I say let me know here or in on so I can message them my Skype - is it such a big deal to argue over?

12. Offline

Jade

Sorry, I actually didn't catch that you said that, I didn't disect yer post. :p Anyway, Not something to fight about, yer right. Good luck, though!

13. Offline

zecheesy

Looks like a good plugin.
    Too bad it's private.

14. Offline

-_Husky_-

Yeah, i'll do it for you. Add me on skype- Husky-98

15. Offline

Squirzy

Done

16. Offline

ftbastler

Some of the features are included in the BukkitGames plugin.
    Too bad some server owners want "private" plugins...

17. Offline

Squirzy

I was looking at your plugin at first, but I wanted a plugin will some more features that will be unique to my server, it is a great plugin btw

18. Offline

-_Husky_-

I can understand though, they dont want anynother servers like it

19. Offline

Squirzy

Exactly right ;)

20. Offline

Jok

May i just pop in a question here?

I was going to post an idea, pretty much the same as this idea.. I hadn't looked at this thread when i decided i should post my HungerGames plugin idea/request..

Am i still allowed to post a request about it?

21. Offline

njb_said

i agree ther wasnt some features that i wanted :)

22. Offline

Squirzy

Apologies if I come across rude, but please don't use my thread to get developers. I suggest you make your own request thread or send a PM. I sweat you have done it on a few threads as well and let me just say that for a plugin this big - Devs normally require a "reward" for doing so as I doubt many will do tho in ther spare time for nothing

njb_said likes this.
  23. Offline

zecheesy

24. Offline

Squirzy

Just making sure as he seems to be spamming every post asking the devs who want to code for another guy if they could code for him as he did here

25. Offline

King_KYl3

@Squizy If you get this plugin, i would wish to offer you a reward for it, PM me. thanks.

26. Offline

Squirzy

Sorry it will only be for my server, I won't be giving it out/selling it

27. Offline

Orcem12

Best part is that I did require payment to make this exact plugin for another server, It's also exclusive...

28. Offline

Squirzy

Yeah well its definitely a popular plugin type

29. Offline

King_KYl3

Suit your self i will be paying a dev $200 - $400 for this type thats a good plugin worth.

30. Offline

Squirzy

Umm, ok? I am unsure why you are telling me this